• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installing frosted vinyl orafol

Tattoosleeve

so the light spritz never worked well for me
You sound like you know what you are doing so no judgement but just an observation that "light spritz" isn't going to work for anyone. Wet application should be solid liquid coverage on the decal and the window suface to give a complete liquid layer leaving no adhesive exposed to create the little bubbles.

msenjur

ok... so next day i went back there, and peel pvc transfer easly... There were still some moisture, but vinyl was ok. I should leave whole decal over night, and i would save a few hours and some grey hairs...

Thanks for all advices

Nick Nie

Use rapid tac II and use high quality frosted vinyl, do the testing before you go to customer site. we have done several project and each project apply more than 24 windows, we have to go customer site twice, one for installation and one to remove the masking tape and fix. when remove the masking tape with water, it is unavoidable to have few small bubbles, we either peer off the vinyl partly, apply then heat the vinyl, the vinyl maybe stretched when you peer it off, but when use heat gun, it recovered and the glue is even as other part, we use mactac frost vinyl. not all the frosted vinyl can be heated, you have to test it before you go.

fastmax

We use Rapid Tac II and paper app tape for this stuff. Anyways, what ever you use, you'll also need to let it set for about 10 minutes after squeegeeing it down. Then spray another wet coat of your soapy water over the tape, rub it in, and then you should be able to pull it cleanly.

sometimes spraying alcohol on the transfer tape after helps dry it quicker, for something this intracate i wouldnt use app fluid at all, as far as the small bubbles msenjur mentioned, jsut communicate to the client that they settle away.