• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installing multi-piece display straight & aligned

Steenland

Old Member
YES to all of these:
Jig
Laser level (green laser is much brighter than orange)
3M Command Strips

Attached are a couple of photos of an exhibit with 200 evenly-spaced panels. These were all prints on vinyl mounted to 1/4" PVC, and put on the wall with 16-lb Command Strips. The second photo shows the laser being used to line up a panel with the previous panel, and the jig to space the smaller panels. The jig is made from scraps of PVC and a mending plate. The third photo shows the laser level (this inexpensive Amazon model works fine for me) mounted with a fine-tuning bracket on a sturdy tripod. I also usually double-check my work with a bubble level.

Laser level: www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0793M6Z37
Laser level fine-tuning bracket (very helpful, especially if your laser is mounted on a light stand instead of a tripod): www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WV9166N
Bulk 3M heavy-duty (16-lb) Command Strips: www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08D1H24W1

Attachments

• VWM-1.jpg
    VWM-1.jpg
    532.7 KB · Views: 125
  • VWM-2.jpg
    VWM-2.jpg
    494.2 KB · Views: 100
  • VWM-3.jpg
    VWM-3.jpg
    654.4 KB · Views: 144

jfiscus

Rap Master
Honestly, a laser level is real nice for something like this, but if you want it done quickly in the field, just buy a roll of cheap low tack paintmask vinyl/paper and precut/plot your mounting holes, then drill and get it done.

Steenland

Old Member
Honestly, a laser level is real nice for something like this, but if you want it done quickly in the field, just buy a roll of cheap low tack paintmask vinyl/paper and precut/plot your mounting holes, then drill and get it done.
A template is extremely helpful if the spacing is random and/or you're hanging with cleats and need precise positioning for the wall cleats.

HHM-1.jpg
HHM-2.jpg

• First Place
Reactions: 2B