Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing PVC letters around battens and trim

Discussion in 'Installation Equipment & Techniques' started by The Giraffe, Feb 5, 2014.

1. The Giraffe

The Giraffe Member

Mar 1, 2007
    Hi all,

I have a small (8 character) install coming up. I have to install 18" tall PVC letters on a building with 3/4" battens every 4'. I'd like to use the same threaded studs I'd use on a flat wall and use threaded plastic spacers to set them at the correct height. My biggest concern is drilling in the correct place with my template as it's going to cave in around the trim pieces. Any tips or tricks you all could share before I climb the ladder?

I usually get the studs from Gemini but I'm open to other suggestions as well.

Thanks in advance.

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    make the pattern rigid by taping it to some cheap 1/4" plywood or the like

3. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    I personally dont think these will interfere with alignment, i assume there is only about 3 of the battans in your path? if so tape the pattern low and cut it at each on the high spots

4. fixtureman

fixtureman Member

May 16, 2012
    Medina Ohio
    I make my templetes out of cardborad they will span the battans