• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Instant One Media Polymeric set for Flat Sided Vehicle?

akuarela

Hi,

Anyone with experience in this media, polymeric vinyl with the polymeric laminate? The price is unbeatable, and even lower today, seems like they may be liquidating their stock.
I have a long bus to wrap, totally flat, no rivets, etc. but do have a long strip on the bottoms.

Appreciate your feedback!

Thanks and have a great weekend.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have heard great things, and I have heard of horror stories with it. I would never do that application without cast on cast, why chince out on cheap material and risk your client getting pissed off over a few bucks.

bannertime

We use Arlon 4600lx and 3420 as a flat surface polymeric vinyl kit. Stuff is pretty awesome. I'm sure if it's anything like it, then it'd be good to go too.

TomK

I have not been a fan of any of the Substance products we have tried so far. Printability is not very good and the price is way too high.
Odd, I use the 3755 and it's cheaper then gf and Oracle air release variants.

Prints nice on my HP latex, well as nice as hp latex can print.

What are you comparing it to price wise?

Last edited:

Christian @ 2CT Media

We have tried 440LSE and Ultracurve 660lse... Compared to the Avery 2126 and 1106 there is no comparison for us. The Avery product is much easier to work with and print on our 570's

Christian @ 2CT Media

Substance, we have always liked Instant One Media especially their cast films. We have tried their polymeric and it works great, but we haven't used in on a vehicle yet as most of our jobs either have contracted film requirements or we use a cast wrap film.

TimToad

Substance, we have always liked Instant One Media especially their cast films. We have tried their polymeric and it works great, but we haven't used in on a vehicle yet as most of our jobs either have contracted film requirements or we use a cast wrap film.

How is the white point on either the polymeric or the cast?

My main complaint about their material has been the purplish hue is so deep that it affects most prints.

akuarela

Thanks 2CT, will weight the options.

TimToad

On the old cast product it was a yellow white, the polymeric we tested has a cool (blue) white.. Nothing that isn't surmountable by any printer on the market currently.

If my print job has a intentionally white background in its design, how does my printer overcome the inherently bluish hue of the media?