• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Insurance from Hartford

fresh

I switched to Farmer's Insurance. I need to look at my policy, but I know last year when I had switched my business registration to incorporation, State Farm increased my rates by a factor of 6. They were claiming I'm an "auto repair shop" because I put stickers on cars. I might not have included that information when I went to Farmers, I don't remember what I said, but my rates were closer to what I was paying with State Farm. I kept my shop van at SF though, nobody can touch their commercial auto rates in my area.

As for WC, I had it quoted by Farmer's but I ultimately I went with whomever does it for PayChex. They matched whatever the best rate I found on my own. You definitely need to research the codes and and ask for specific quotes based on those codes. If I didn't tell them what to use they'd have everyone in my shop paying 25% of their salary into WC.

Baz

We are a store-front business, and I believe the vehicles are covered under a separate "garage-keeper" insurance policy. It's possible that they don't offer that option for home-based businesses.

I am set up the same. My insurance company forced me to take an extra "garage-keeper" policy once they learned i keep vehicles in my shop overnight/multiple days.

originalsigns

I asked about that "garage keeper" and they said the issue was the graphics applied to the vehicle. I asked about adding that to my quote and they just don't offer anything for that. There must be tons of claims about the graphics or application harming vehicles. My broker claims it's because wraps area distraction on the road and cause accidents, I call B.S. on that theory. This is turning into a major headache, ughhhh - why are they making it so hard to give them money?