• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Intelicoat Inks for Roland SP540v

pogiboy9

I've been approached by a vendor asking if I wanted to try out some new inks. I run a Roland Sp540 and have been running genuine inks since 08 and have usually stayed away from aftermarket inks and bulk systems. But since this specific vendor I've worked with suggested it (i trust them) and cost savings was pretty drastic (440ml $85)

i wanted to reach out to the community and see if anyone has had any experience with them. Any and all input is appreciated.

Thank You!

gnatt66

ive only had one issue with my VP300i and 3rd party inks caused it. unless your printer is running several hours a day...save money another way.

pogiboy9

Yeah I'm not quite there yet as far as busy, I do have days where the printer is running for days at a time but some times it's only a few hours of printing a day.

I'll hold off on it, it definitely became more appealing since Roland inks have increased in price in the past couple years.

anotherdog

Is ink cost such a burden compared to your other costs?
Most of the Roland issues I see relate to 3rd party inks. My VP540 used for hours every day is creeping up on 6 years old with the same heads and the OEM inks. is it worth the risk?

Plus, are the 3rd party inks as good?

Hollidark

Believe it or not I still have my SP540 from summer of 06 and I still run it all day, everyday. Aside from a few this and thats the only thing it doesn't like is 3rd party ink. Tried Lyson years ago and it started out great. I could almost hear the savings spraying out. Shortly after I noticed the black doing strange things. Hazing, clogged nozzles and dripping and such. Thought it just had to be static or something like that. It got worse until I finally went back to oem. After a few days it cleared up but small text remained a little scratchy and it bugged me until I changed the head. Learned my lesson? Wrong. A few years later triangle was getting rave reviews here so I tried it. I liked the smell and the yellow was much more vivid but this time the cyan was giving me the same issues. I already had the cartridges so I tested oem black and cyan with triangle yellow and magenta for a few days since they're the same right? Wrong. Severe bleeding issues. Think yellow with black outline. Just stick with oem. Like the first reply... not. worth. it. Still have the original yellow/magenta head by the way.

pogiboy9

Thanks guys. Reconfirmed my previous thoughts, just opened my eyes to it this time cause my vendor usually tells me no to bulk and third party inks even though they have carried several different kinds before and suggested this one this time.

Thanks Guys

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Not all third party inks are bad. There are a few good third party inks in the market which you don't see many of bad reviews. We do have customers who uses our inks for six years without replacing one printhead.

We carry alternative Eco Solvent Inks for Roland SP540. We have two XC540 in our Costa Mesa office if you'd like to drop by and see the performance of the inks. We do have contracted Roland certified technicians to support our inks.

www.premiercolour.com or 949-209-7306 ask for Francis.

Inks, Medias, accessories and technical supports are available in 24 hours to our customers.

Thank you.

Jack Knight1979

I can attest to VERY bad, and good 3rd party inks. The problem is trying an inkset on a printer that could damage 6k+ worth of heads.

If you're not sure, stick with OEM inks. Can't go wrong with factory inks.

ChicagoGraphics

ent
I can attest to VERY bad, and good 3rd party inks. The problem is trying an inkset on a printer that could damage 6k+ worth of heads.

If you're not sure, stick with OEM inks. Can't go wrong with factory inks.

That's why I switched to 3rd party inks from OEM, I had truble with the carts many of times. Went with a bulk system and never had any problems plus the ink is much better then oem.

phototec

for $26.00 more you can get the Roland inks .

Question: How many $26 does it take to have new heads installed in your printer when the third party ink destroys yoor print head?

Do the math....

Sick with OEM and you will not need new heads because of cheap ink!