• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Interesting Study Showing Avery outperforms the rest..

tattoo.dan

If I can ever manage to get a profile to work, I would use it all the time...tried it out and install was by far the easiest yet...but I wasted about 25% of the roll trying to get the colors to come out right...

mudmedia

Some of you hate avery, for their past transgressions, and for good reason.

It seems they have stepped their game up.

http://bigpicture.net/content/avery-dennison-outperforms-competition-vehicle-wrap-benchmark-study

I love me some Oracal, but Avery does have them beat on install speed, and removeability (In my opinion.)

Avery just needs to work on quality control, and they will be on top no doubt.

From what I read this was only comparing the color change films though correct? Supreme Wrapping film, 1080, 970RA etc.?

Kwiksigns

wookie
has made installing so much easier. and faster. I don't even consider buying anything else because my rep hooks me up with a kit for less than 900.

...if people would just take time to find a correct profile, or profile THEMSELVES, you don't have to search throught the forums. I print through flexi or onyx onto RS without even thinking about it what the colors will come out like or if its gonna be dried or cured. I know my profile is perfect from either rip. I rarely print over 8pass. i love my 26500

anotherdog

I don't doubt the veracity of the article, I did however notice the words "Press Release from Avery Dennison".

If its true, maybe 3M will stop being so lazy about quality control.

signs20

Where Is The Beef (Data)?

I didn't see a direct reference to the detailed study. Maybe I missed it. While the attributes listed are good, I am equally interested in durability - particularly long term durability. Who did they compare to? How much difference is there? The advantages could be trivial.

They should have also Weatherometer UV exposure info to back up durability. So should their competitors. A number of vendors make claims and then don't have anything to support the claims besides marketing hype.

cajun312

Avery was working real good years ago then massive failures that Avery wouldn't stand behind. Haven't bought anything made by avery since.

BALLPARK

I wish the multiple kits I just ordered were not 3M. I hate their price spikes every 3-4 months and the fact that they sell directly through major car manufactures.

I hope to continue to hear good things about Avery and Oracal.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Too little, too late, too bad. We will never use Avery again!

Ditto,

Avery screwed our trade when they knew their cast film was miss-manufactured. After 6 months to 1 year the vinyl shrank and left at least 1/4 in. dirt collecting adhesive and wrinkled film all over. That crap was all over the country and affected many sign shops and vehicle graphics shops. They tried to cover it up for years and never made a statement that it was a defective product...

Their offer to reimburse film and adhesive removal at $8.00 an hour was insulting not mentioning they tried to blame it installer error. I know guy that lost tens of thousands and spent countless hours and weekends because they weren't properly compensated.

bikecomedy

+1 ProWraps...Press Release that refers to an infomercial for a source.

According to the Press Release: "The benchmark video made its debut in the Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions stand at FESPA 2013, June 25 – 29, in London and is now featured on the Avery Dennison YouTube channel."

Here's the video: Avery Dennison Supreme Wrapping Film [video=youtube;VskPLYaVGDw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VskPLYaVGDw[/video]
You decide....:banghead:

Last edited by a moderator: