• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Invalid pinch roller...

Ken

Sp300...
I got the firmware update done.
But I now have a pinch roller error message.
The rollers are set correctly.
Any ideas?
TIA.
Ken

threeputt

Ken, I'm not sure how much you know about operations of this equipment. When you state that the pinch rollers are "correctly set", is that because you for sure? Have you been successfully using this machine and then just suddenly you're getting this message?

threeputt

Ok, Ken, walked over to my machine raised the cover and snapped a pic. You can clearly see my right pinch roller. Is yours directly below the "grey" tab looking thing as mine is? The grey tab looking thing looks like duct tape in the photo, but the edge of your pinch roller cannot be outside of the grey indicator, even so much as 1/10 of an inch. It must be directly below it.

Try that. If that's not it, let me think about it for a while.

Attachments

• 100_0484.jpg
    100_0484.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 163

Ken

Hi T.P
I've been using this machine for over 2 years now. I know how to correct a pinch roller misalignment.
I had just done a firmware update to v6.2 and now this problem.
Do you think it matters if full scan is enabled or disabled, or any other setting?
I went into colorip2.2 and instructed it to set for maximum width. I have 30 inch material in the machine with the pinch rollers set out at the edges, under the silver marks.
Thanks.
Ken

threeputt

I wouldn't think it would matter. Don't know about any of the other stuff, unfortunately. Sorry, I can't be of help. I'm sure others can and will on Monday. Good luck.

Ken

Figured it out today...blush...
Machine has been going non-stop from 4 pm till now ( May long weekend in Canada..they all want their signs) Couple of long days ahead of me.
Thanks for your input Threeput...
Ken

Charlie J

I am having this exact same problem!!!!

I'm also in the same boat. I've talked to tech support and they've said they think it could be a sensor. Mines weird because sometimes it works and other times it takes forever, but it usually always finds the roller.

Let me know what you find out.

Dave L.

Ribbon Cable

With the invalid or pinch errors, they are more often than not the ribbon cable going from the cut carraige to the main board. Very seldom is it the actual sensor. 50 dollors in parts, pretty easy to replace. You just have to orient everything the same way it was. need the ribbon cable guides too.

Creations

we actually had this issue as well... although our warranty is now worthless because of this fix... we retro fitted our pinch rollers with reflective chrome tape, it works well, 2plus years now.no other issue with pinch roller errors, printing at least 8 hours a day.

Drip Dry

we actually had this issue as well... although our warranty is now worthless because of this fix... we retro fitted our pinch rollers with reflective chrome tape, it works well, 2plus years now.no other issue with pinch roller errors, printing at least 8 hours a day.

Could you explain this a little more.

What is the purpose of the tape and where do you put it ?

cartoad

We used reflective vinyl on the top of the pinch roller, cured our problem at least on a temp basis. It appears that the sensor gets some of the ink overspray which reduces its ability to see the reflected light.