• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

IPad. Is it worth it.

Joe Diaz

Joe, maybe something like this?

Not ideal on an iphone (it does work if you can get over the small screen of an iphone) but this would be perfect on an ipad. I have it on my iphone but don't own an ipad to test it out

http://www.mochasoft.dk/iphone_vnc.htm

You can remote desktop right into your Ipad by using this app. I use it all day everyday and no matter where I am at I can see what is printing at the office and get access to files/software when needed:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/remote-desktop-rdp/id288362053?mt=8

Yeah I know you can do that. I've got one on my smartphone too... but that is only part of the equation. First, if that is like any other remote PC/Mac application I have seen, the technology would need a bit more work to get to the point where it would be used wirelessly and would seem as though the tablet is the device you are using not the computer at the other end of the signal. So no or very little lag. Then the other part of the equation would be to take out everything that is in the iPad/otherTablet that isn't the essential hardware for running the touchscreen/pressure sensitive tablet and connecting it to the "Mothership" computer for files, applications etc...

This could be even more lite and slim then most tablets out there today, and should cost less, due to the lack of hardware. Think of it like a touch monitor you can take with you that connects to your desktop. And then of course, like I said, you would also want a "tablet mode" version of your OS that you could switch in and out of, so that when accessing the "mothership" with the tablet, it would be more user friendly than your desktop's OS. I don't know, just thinking outloud. I'm sure the egg heads have already thought of it.

Last edited: