• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is Flex Cloud worth updating to?

SaberSigns

Hi people, I have been running flexi 8.1 for the past 7 years or so, love it, easy to use, but with todays digital printing the main form of signage im finding the main thing in flex is it cant do the faded shadow etc

and trying to import designers files that clash and basically having to redesign the logos (main thing being a gradient from any other software imports as hundreds of coloured lines to form the gradient,really slowing things up if there are heaps of gradients- remaking them In flexi )

Is Flexi 11 really worth the upgrade? anyone with flexi 11 let m know how it goes? Colors work well with versaworks?

SignosaurusRex

I'm not being a smart-*** here, but, I think you will find more info than you expect regarding your inquiry if you simply use the search function located on the home page. It will save you a great deal of time and headaches. Personally, I'm rather disappointed with SAI/Flexi lately.

chester215

Just call me Chester.
Just my $.02

No, not unless you have to. Microsoft will soon be discontinuing support and updates for windows XP.
I don't think version 8 will work with anything higher than XP.

Right now, production manager crashes after every job and has for a while.
<sarcasm> Oh and yes.............................they are working on it. <\sarcasm>

mopar691

Never had a problem with flexicloud, not one crash or hang. Been running it since the day it was released. I went from 7.6 to the 10 and it was a awesome change and definitely worth it to me.

Running Win7 in all our shop but hoping to update to Win8 starting the end of next week finally. All mobile devices are now 8 just need to start the conversion with the desktops.

SaberSigns

Thanks for the comments

Ive done as suggested and tried to follow some reports on flexi cloud, im really not into the headaches that come with it if my colours arnt going to be the same quality using versaworks and printing to a Roland VP540i when gong to cloud. :( So many negative reports, production manager crashing etc. Really thinking of jumping ship and heading towards Corel.

Any thoughts???

Techman

How will we all feel in about 33 months when every software we use is a combined subscription at over $1,000 a month forever. We will be spending over 10-12 grand a year for software. Then one day some company will come out with a bundle and charge us $800 a month and even then we will not have all we need. This will stifle start-up companies all over the country. yes?

Supporting these clouds may come back to haunt us.

Todd Jelle

How will we all feel in about 33 months when every software we use is a combined subscription at over $1,000 a month forever. We will be spending over 10-12 grand a year for software. Then one day some company will come out with a bundle and charge us $800 a month and even then we will not have all we need. This will stifle start-up companies all over the country. yes?

Supporting these clouds may come back to haunt us.

Oh, Come on, we all have bottomless pockets! "I DON'T THINK SO"

I could really start ranting here!