• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is Flexi Cloud the same as Flexi Sign Pro 11?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I can't say for sure, but I notice the banner ad in your post is for Flexi cloud.

A mere coincidence? Perhaps not.

JB

I can't say for sure, but I notice the banner ad in your post is for Flexi cloud.

A mere coincidence? Perhaps not.

JB

Lol thats funny.

So another question popped into my head. Do you download the software to your computer or do you have to go on their site and do everything via the net??

Dennis422

Yes, they changed the name from Cloud to 11 because a lot of people were scared of the word "Cloud".
And yes, you download the software. That software will connect to their server few times a month and pull your subscription info. That will allow it to run.
If it does not get your info pulled, it will shut down and you will not be able to use it.

I have it. No issues.

Same exact thing except I believe you get free upgrades everytime a new update comes out. From what I understand you have full capabilities until you hit your monthly date then the computer trys to verify with the server that you have paid again. So your computer only needs to be connected once a month. But since most printers also need a data/ network connection chances are the comp. is always connected and you would never have an issue.

mrugen

In Addition- You'll get an email

In addition, at the end of the period, the server will try 3 times to address the payment required, the user will get an email reminder that payment is due and they will also get a call from SAI customer support. So several opportunities to make sure there is no loss of production. I might mention, just for clarification, that during the month, you DO NOT need to be connected at all times to the internet for the program to work properly. The monthly server address is simply to verify the licenses and receive payment. Finally, just one further clarification, you do not HAVE to subscribe to the cloud. SAI will in fact sell the hardware key as a second choice if you prefer not using the internet license version, however, the internet version allows the user to get free upgrades and updates as they are released as well as lots of other cloud features that are being updated constantly.

player

Terminator program: When you stop paying, the program terminates, and you can't open any of your files.

If Flexi closes, your program terminates, you lose all your files.

I just bought the full Signlab print + cut for $750 on sale from $4k. I own it, and if down the road I switch programs I will always be able to access my files.

Terminator program: When you stop paying, the program terminates, and you can't open any of your files.

If Flexi closes, your program terminates, you lose all your files.

I just bought the full Signlab print + cut for $750 on sale from $4k. I own it, and if down the road I switch programs I will always be able to access my files.

So you cant save files to an external hard drive?

All you have to do is save your files in .eps from the start instead of flexi and any design program will be able to open it. I know I know but they don't have a mass-convert button. True. But just start by saving your files from the beginning as .eps and you won't have the problem ever of not being able to use your files. Simply stating this reason as the reason for not using this program is dumb. You just have to get used to exporting instead of saving.

SignBurst PCs

You can own Flexi 11 (aka Cloud) too. It is only subscription based if you want it to be.

Either way, all the work is done on software downloaded and installed on YOUR computer (not the cloud).

I would be more than happy to answer any licensing questions. Just give em a jingle and I will help if I can.

So you cant save files to an external hard drive?

You can save your files as whatever you want to wherever you want. What he is saying is the native file type for flexi, which is if you click file>save as> will save it as a .fs or flexisign file. This extension can only be opened by flexi. You can easily prevent not being able to use your files later by just exporting the file as .eps .pdf .ai whatever you want

player

Does eps keep your fonts, effects and other things the native file format does?

If you have a client come back 2 years later for a repeat order with some text changes, your eps file won't have editable font text, and you won't even know the names of the fonts.

Does eps keep your fonts, effects and other things the native file format does?

If you have a client come back 2 years later for a repeat order with some text changes, your eps file won't have editable font text, and you won't even know the names of the fonts.

Is this the only problem with "the cloud"?

Techman

Is this the only problem with "the cloud"?

All cloud software is dead once their server decides it doesn't like you.
So yes, once the cloud access is gone editing anything is over. You will not have the ability to change anything.
Adobe just had a worldwide server problem that cost users millions in lost production across the planet.

From what I understood flexi still runs if the server doesn't connect at your repay time. Just prod. manager doesn't run. I believe this is the same if you decide not to use the subscription service. I believe you can still open your previous version you just can't run prod. manager. One person on here is a flexi employee. She should chime in and tell us all were wrong.

Ponto

All cloud software is dead once their server decides it doesn't like you.
So yes, once the cloud access is gone editing anything is over. You will not have the ability to change anything.
Adobe just had a worldwide server problem that cost users millions in lost production across the planet.

... ultimately,... everyone chooses --- blue or red pill---..........JP

Steph_Stamm

First, to answer the OP: Flexi subscription is similar to FlexiSIGN-PRO, but includes all features and add-ons, updates and upgrades, and phone and email support for the life of the subscription. Also FSP is a capital expense vs Flexi as a monthly payment.

As for how the subscription, payments and servers work: If everything is running smoothly, Flexi and the subscription payment center communicate once every 30-31 days (depending on the month). If internet connection is cut at any point during that 30-31 days, nothing happens, meaning your Flexi will still run completely normally. If on day 32 Flexi still hasn't heard back from the payment center that the license can be renewed (because of a lack of internet connection or whatever), a grace period kicks in. Worst case scenario, if there is a natural disaster and your internet goes out the day your Flexi subscription is supposed to renew, you still have several days to connect online again before Flexi stops running.

The software and files are all stored on your computer, or an external hard drive or anywhere else you'd like. They are your files and SAi does not have a say in where they are stored. The only "Cloud" things about the latest version are that the software installation is downloaded from the internet, and there are also internet-based tools in the Cloud window. There's an online estimating tool, a mobile app and a few other useful items in there, if you choose to use them.