• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is Flexi Cloud the same as Flexi Sign Pro 11?

Techman

if there is a natural disaster and your internet goes out the day your Flexi subscription is supposed to renew, you still have several days to connect online again before Flexi stops running.

A day????
Few disasters go out for just a day.
During Sandy recovery people were without power and internet for weeks.
During the tornado recovery it took weeks for get internet service.
During the floods in the midwest it took weeks to get online.

During the katrina recovery..
My internet service at the office was down 13 weeks.
Yes, that meant no internet for anyone until December. All that time I operated my software without a hickup. All except one key component.
The power was down until Oct 13. Yes a generator helped at the house. Regular power worked at the office. So Either way,,, my subscription data base world stopped turning. One complete arm of my business was out with no recourse. The worst part of it the author demanded I pay for the time even with no internet access and refused to work with anyone suffering the same experience. It was about the most distressing among the many others one would have to endure.

Yes, I know the usual response is " you just call us". HAH! call when communications are all down and nothing works? Good luck with that.
Yes these are extreme cases. However couple the disaster with being out of business because the software will not run then that would be about the most distressing life changing event one could endure. Ask me how I know.

Steph_Stamm

I actually said "several days" in that post. No matter what time during the month your internet goes out, we have built in a MINIMUM of several days grace period. However, depending when you lose connectivity, you may have as much as several weeks to get connected.

jcuminale

a question of trust

as i see it, sai is asking that people "trust" in the cloud, which is fine to a point, but we are one terrorist hack away from having to remember how to do it the old way…and while i am happy to use the tools available to us today, I'm glad i could still survive without them. but thats a subject for another day...

the problem that i have with sai asking for this "trust" is that as a devoted mac user, i have already learned not to trust them. after years of having been strung along, promised that subsequent mac updates to flexi would be released at the same time as their pc counterparts, and reinvesting each time a release came out, sai finally dropped support for the platform. and when doing so, left mac users with a forever unfinished product lacking some basic features, some of which are found within other parts of the program itself, ie. the font menu in design central allows mouse/keyboard scrolling while the same menu under text>font>modify does not.

having said that, i am still basically happy with the capabilities of the software that i frequently use and as such have tried to maintain the ability to use it through successive hardware upgrades, but that ability is quickly fading, first with the inability to use production manager from a newer mac operating system, and then to a complete failure of the software to open. i am in the midst of trying some unique options to maintain use of the program that is perfectly capable of providing the features i use and need most, but wish i never had to do this. i wish i could use any production manager with the latest mac version of flexi (8.5.2) but it will not see an older version on the network. we currently hold 4 licenses of the software.