• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is it customer's fault or mine

Rooster

It's really dependent on how you present the "proofs" to the customer.

If you're not 100% clear that they accept responsibility for any mistakes that are not corrected at the proofing stage then it's a muddy situation and becomes a customer service issue.

If you are 100% clear, then no question, the customer is responsible. How you handle it at this stage will determine whether the customer becomes a repeat client. I would not reprint the job solely at my cost however. The customer needs to accept some responsibility or they will continue to take advantage of your good nature.

mark in tx

Yes, customers should be checking and signing a proof, but you should be sending them a "perfect" final proof.

Mistakes will happen, and that is where you get to shine through as a problem solver when you offer to compromise to get things fixed.