Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Is it safe to purchase printhead from Alibaba.com?

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Anup, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Anup

Anup New Member

Aug 3, 2019
    India
    The printhead of my Roland VS640i got damaged recently so I asked for quotes from local suppliers which came to the figure of around $2500-$3000 and that doesnt include any warranty, being the consumable item. Anyway, it feels really a big thing to shell our $3000 on something without any warranty. I looked into Alibaba and got the quote for around $1500-$1800 and that too without warranty, I have been procuring small hardwares from Alibaba which came our real good but again since the transaction is big so a fear has build up, I want to know if it is really safe to purchase hardware like printhead from there??

2. tudouqiezi

tudouqiezi Member

May 23, 2017
    China
    Don't buy it. I am from China, the normal channel vs640i print head is more expensive, I don't buy it from above, the risk is too big

Sorry, this is an automatic translation

• Like Like x 2
  3. RICHARD SIMMONS

RICHARD SIMMONS Member

Jul 12, 2019
    Panama city, Panama
    Well, last year we bought the print head for our Roland RE-640 and had no problem. I talked with the Roland´s representative here, and they instaled it ! Of course, they do not give any warranty that the head is going to work, so please be sure to buy the right one !! There is a web site who offers "original" Roland spares, https://us.digiprint-supplies.com/us-en/. Check it out and Good luck !

4. Did it last year and they never shipped it or reply to our email. I even contacted ministry of trade and filed a complain. Still no refund and no printhead. Don't do that unless you are 100% sure of the supplier.

5. RICHARD SIMMONS

RICHARD SIMMONS Member

Jul 12, 2019
    Panama city, Panama
    Well, the page says "in stock" but is a good idea to contact them before

6. Grizzly

Grizzly Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Utah
    "In Stock" sometimes means in stock at the manufacturer or somewhere overseas and can take weeks to months depending on the product. Alibaba is hard because there are some many different versions of the printheads that they are trying to sell and the translations don't always get you the correct part you need. I'd go with digiprint supplies over alibaba.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. ProPDF

ProPDF Member

Jan 8, 2015
    Chicago
    sign-in-china.com is where you want to buy the print head from, some of the vendors here use them. I have ordered more heads than I can count and they all worked and showed up in 3 days. Just make sure to checkout using DHL and grab you the matching VING dampers for the head. Make sure to get extra dampers just in case don't try to keep your current dampers. Use OEM wiper and cap top though on that machine. Lastly charge the dampers with ink prior to dropping them back on the head.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Anup

Anup New Member

Aug 3, 2019
    India
    So you bought it from Alibaba or digiprint?

Yes, I heard it also that there is a rare chance that a printhead will disappoint but this chance increases when the supplier is an unknown resource from China.

9. Anup

Anup New Member

Aug 3, 2019
    India
    Alibaba boasts of payment protection, didn't it help you?

10. Anup

Anup New Member

Aug 3, 2019
    India
    • Like Like x 1
  11. RICHARD SIMMONS

RICHARD SIMMONS Member

Jul 12, 2019
    Panama city, Panama
    We bought it from Digiprint

12. tudouqiezi

tudouqiezi Member

May 23, 2017
    China
    The local Roland has a good relationship with me. Will provide me with a free installation service, online shopping needs to bear the installation risk, other things 1688 is very good, but the printhead I refuse to shop online

This is machine translation