• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Is it safe to purchase printhead from Alibaba.com?

Anup

The printhead of my Roland VS640i got damaged recently so I asked for quotes from local suppliers which came to the figure of around $2500-$3000 and that doesnt include any warranty, being the consumable item. Anyway, it feels really a big thing to shell our $3000 on something without any warranty. I looked into Alibaba and got the quote for around $1500-$1800 and that too without warranty, I have been procuring small hardwares from Alibaba which came our real good but again since the transaction is big so a fear has build up, I want to know if it is really safe to purchase hardware like printhead from there??

tudouqiezi

Don't buy it. I am from China, the normal channel vs640i print head is more expensive, I don't buy it from above, the risk is too big

Sorry, this is an automatic translation

RICHARD SIMMONS

Well, last year we bought the print head for our Roland RE-640 and had no problem. I talked with the Roland´s representative here, and they instaled it ! Of course, they do not give any warranty that the head is going to work, so please be sure to buy the right one !! There is a web site who offers "original" Roland spares, https://us.digiprint-supplies.com/us-en/. Check it out and Good luck !

Ahmed Samy Nagada

Did it last year and they never shipped it or reply to our email. I even contacted ministry of trade and filed a complain. Still no refund and no printhead. Don't do that unless you are 100% sure of the supplier.

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
Well, the page says "in stock" but is a good idea to contact them before

"In Stock" sometimes means in stock at the manufacturer or somewhere overseas and can take weeks to months depending on the product. Alibaba is hard because there are some many different versions of the printheads that they are trying to sell and the translations don't always get you the correct part you need. I'd go with digiprint supplies over alibaba.

ProPDF

sign-in-china.com is where you want to buy the print head from, some of the vendors here use them. I have ordered more heads than I can count and they all worked and showed up in 3 days. Just make sure to checkout using DHL and grab you the matching VING dampers for the head. Make sure to get extra dampers just in case don't try to keep your current dampers. Use OEM wiper and cap top though on that machine. Lastly charge the dampers with ink prior to dropping them back on the head.

Anup

So you bought it from Alibaba or digiprint?

Yes, I heard it also that there is a rare chance that a printhead will disappoint but this chance increases when the supplier is an unknown resource from China.

Well, last year we bought the print head for our Roland RE-640 and had no problem. I talked with the Roland´s representative here, and they instaled it ! Of course, they do not give any warranty that the head is going to work, so please be sure to buy the right one !! There is a web site who offers "original" Roland spares, https://us.digiprint-supplies.com/us-en/. Check it out and Good luck !

Anup

Alibaba boasts of payment protection, didn't it help you?

Don't buy it. I am from China, the normal channel vs640i print head is more expensive, I don't buy it from above, the risk is too big

Sorry, this is an automatic translation

tudouqiezi

Alibaba boasts of payment protection, didn't it help you?
The local Roland has a good relationship with me. Will provide me with a free installation service, online shopping needs to bear the installation risk, other things 1688 is very good, but the printhead I refuse to shop online

This is machine translation