• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is MacMedia a SCAM?

Vinylman

I am in need of HELP!

I am looking for anyone that has had dealings with MacMedia from here on the board.

I have a JV33 printer that looks like it needs repair on the main board. I have had a number of email discussions with MacMedia, and he {kent} seemed very helpful. I sent my main circuit board to him via FedEx the other day, and have not been able to get any updates on what is going on with my repairs.

Has anyone heard of him? or had interaction with him?

I need someone who might be able to give me feedback good or bad, A.S.A.P.

This is a GREAT community, and we need to help each other find quality, safe, merchants that can be safe to do business with.

Vinylman

Thanks "bannertime" I DID do a search, and though the person in question does seem "questionable" there where several replies to that thread that left questions unanswered.
I posted with the hope it would not only help me, but clarify for others as well whether this person was a safe person to do business with.

I found that he {Kent} has a store on eBay, and has a 99%+ positive rating. SO, I am still looking for a QUALIFIED VENDOR who will fix my JV33 Main Board. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
This place has been around a lot longer than Macmedia.

InkJet Performance Home

I think they changed their name at some point. They are also very very close to the Mimaki USA headquarters and are a Mimaki dealer. I've heard good things about them and have bought parts from them before.

Vinylman

Thanks SightLine, I will contact them on Monday to see what they can do for me.Any other people who know of Good / Great vendors that repair boards??

Mysigns4u

I sent my head board in for service it was returned to me by macmedia.com they verified the board was fine and sent it back they could have did somthing to it and charged me but they didn't . For what ever reason I was losing heads on a xj740 as soon as I installed them. Bad heads? I followed tech guide brick wall now all I do is unplug install head and draw ink. printer Very touchy but mac media didn't screw me

Cesare

Hi, I've sent something to them some years ago. They are real but hard to communicate with. I had the same issue because was not possible communicate with them for many days. But finally they were able to answer that my board was not reparable. I don't know if they are good or not... but can say they are not scam.

player

Hi, I've sent something to them some years ago. They are real but hard to communicate with. I had the same issue because was not possible communicate with them for many days. But finally they were able to answer that my board was not reparable. I don't know if they are good or not... but can say they are not scam.

Tell that to the guy who sent them 4 boards recently and got totally ripped off.

But continue to send your boards in to them.

1leonchen

i have all the boards for that machine. i just has dissembled a machine a year ago. owner never wanted to sell it he crushed the machine but i gutted it before he crushed it. i know there are working boards machine powered on just need a print head and a clean,

I've never had to send any boards to Kent and MacMedia. But I bought 2 DX4 heads and various ink lines, dampers, etc., from him in 2 separate transactions 3-4 years ago. One was thru his eBay store, the other just thru email. No problems at all. One of the orders was a big rush on a holiday weekend, and he somehow got it shipped late on a Saturday.

I know he takes some flak on this site, but he's done me right the only two times I've ordered. And he was always good to answer pm's and emails just to give me advice on troubleshooting and maintance. Your mileage may vary.

netsol

i had a GREAT experience with inkjet performance. they sold me a mainboard for a roland pc-600 i bought figuring i could repair the main board

i would buy from them again without hesitation

Vinylman

Thank you for all the feedback. It will help me as I work through my problems. I also hope this thread {IF KEPT ON TRACK} will be helpful to someone else when they come up against repair issues.

Just a side note: To Player. Do you have PERSONAL experience with this guy? If so perhaps you could share first hand experience regarding the problem and any resolution achieved. THANKS

player

Thank you for all the feedback. It will help me as I work through my problems. I also hope this thread {IF KEPT ON TRACK} will be helpful to someone else when they come up against repair issues.

Just a side note: To Player. Do you have PERSONAL experience with this guy? If so perhaps you could share first hand experience regarding the problem and any resolution achieved. THANKS

Nope. No personal experience. I have read this forum for some time, and felt really bad for the people that have and been taken. Most recently there was a forumite who sent them 4 boards. No response. No communication. They lost the 4 boards plus the up front payments. Had to buy new ones. So when I read over the years about MacMedia being a scam, I remembered.

This might be it, not sure:
Mac media scam??? Please help

Vinylman

I just had a thought.

Is there ANY sign people who are in close proximity of the address of this person [service]??

Would someone be willing to verify the address and any local info regarding the viability of this 'so called' service provider?

I would certainly be up to help someone asking for similar info regarding a merchant in question that was in my area. This could be a way of weeding out the bad seeds.

k.a.s.

macmedia is bad news, owes me $1200. I've told the story a couple times on here but basically I bought a board with a 60 day warranty, it didn't work, sent it back with his e-mail permission, he received the board but never refunded my money.

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
Never heard of MacMedia....

I also don't think I'd do business with anyone who has a "contact us" page like they do...they state they don't take phone calls or respond to messages. Bad sign.

I know of a group in Ohio who services Mimaki (we only service Roland/CET/Seal). email me at Mark@HascoGraphics.com and I'll forward you their information if that will help.

Good luck!

I am in need of HELP!

I am looking for anyone that has had dealings with MacMedia from here on the board.

I have a JV33 printer that looks like it needs repair on the main board. I have had a number of email discussions with MacMedia, and he {kent} seemed very helpful. I sent my main circuit board to him via FedEx the other day, and have not been able to get any updates on what is going on with my repairs.

Has anyone heard of him? or had interaction with him?

I need someone who might be able to give me feedback good or bad, A.S.A.P.

This is a GREAT community, and we need to help each other find quality, safe, merchants that can be safe to do business with.

CropMarks

a number of years ago I sent a board from my FJ540 that we had to them for a blown transistor. Got it (or another one???) back in a reasonable amount of time and it worked just fine.

Bertek

We recently bought A JV33-160 used and blew the motherboard. Kent at MacMedia was very helpful and repaired the board promptly and at the quoted price. When the board blew a second time on re-installation and we finally figured out it was the print head/ribbon cable (with Kent's help) he repaired the board again at no charge. I would not hesitate to do business with Kent again. He has always been completely straight with us.