• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

is the optional take up reel (TU-2) worth the investment ($2100)

T_K

If you are only running, on average, jobs that are 1-10', then no - you don't. If you run more than that, or need to be able to multi-task without babysitting the printer, then it is essential.

I do a lot of print-lam-cut jobs, and I don't really trust the Roland to cut accurately after 8 ft, based on my experience. So I usually run jobs from 4-8 feet long. Do I need a take up roll? Absolutely! I will chain a series of jobs back to back in my rip and let it run everything together. Then I've got one long roll to laminate, instead of a bunch of individual sections. And I can still cut within the machine's accuracy limitations.

IF you have the money, I highly recommend the take up roll. Leaves you with fewer headaches. I was able to leave prints running for several hours after I left on Friday (after making sure I had enough ink/media), and came back to a set of finished prints this morning! Love it.

My previous shop didn't have one, so we had to hand roll everything as it printed out. Not too much of a problem if you're running matte vinyl, because IF the print touches itself, it won't stick. But when you're running the nice glossy wrap vinyl, you've got to have a babysitter for the machine or you'll lose a lot of money when everyone forgets to check on the print in time.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Hi. I am going to be leasing a new Roland Versacamm (8 channel with White+white) and had a quick question.
My supplier quoted me $2100 for the "optional take up reel", cited above, and I would like user feedback. Is it "worth it" to have this take up over the OEM TU-1 take up reel? (is the only diff. the ability to automatically stop the take up reel unattended? Also, my supplier mentioned that the take up reel will allow me to do unattended "print and cut", which you cannot do with standard take up. I am sure it will come down to "production needs" by user feedback, but what i am looking for is whether users felt it was really worth the investment....
Thanks in advance....

Yes. It's worth it.

kffernandez

I was able to leave prints running for several hours after I left on Friday (after making sure I had enough ink/media), and came back to a set of finished prints this morning! Love it.

just wondering.i usually like to leave my machine working as well, but have to go back to it when it finishes. how long can you leave your rollers on the "down" position without deforming them?

kelly

Fares Bayazeed

Take-up Reel Yes - Get it from the guys selling one for a grand . Better check the freight options though. You guys look to be a few thousand miles from each other:popcorn::popcorn: