• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is there a good app for sign-makers workflow?

RISEgraphics

we've used Insightly, which is WAY too much fluff, before switching to Basecamp. We like how organized and easy to access everything is. User friendly, too!

abstring

The views are only so customizable, and they have these add-ons called blocks for things like reports, etc., but those have very limited functions. For instance, my invoices can't automatically create multiple pages if they run over one page. You can't easily add detail to related fields on an invoice, etc.

Basically, airtable trades customization for simplicity of use and is great for organizing relational data, not really for visualizing it, and definitely not for making pretty documents. I love it because it totally fits my needs, and I've put some time in to customizing it as much as it will let me. But if you're looking for a real job shop management system or something more akin to an MRP, then this tool would be too basic for that.

bannertime

Has anyone tried ERPNext?

I've run ERPNext Open Source as a test. Once I get our server running, we may implement it. Odoo is a close second and I believe they were the only one with a working Authorize.net gateway. ERPNext is still working on theirs and currently only uses Paypal and Stripe. I didn't really go into the tax reports but that'd be a major factor in our decision.

abstring

We've been running ERPNext on a separate server to test it out and it's pretty stable. I've also found I can use ZeroTier to access it from my phone while I'm on the road, and that works great.