• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is there a good source for FREE vector clipart ?

Sublimefly

Ohh my God someone asked a question lets all make fun of him..... If you guys are done. There is plenty of free clipart out there. But its usually pay if you use it kind of stuff and never exactly what you need. On that note if you want cheap not the best clip are try www.iclipart.com. If you want free stuff try googling it, its gonna take some hunting and you probably wont find what you want. If you have Corel draw you have clip art already its not much but its helped us many times. Hope that helps.

Robert H. Bigart

Oh Boy some people sure do get Bent Out Of Shape when the word FREE is expressed. I wonder where this industry would be today if some of the Orginaters had not given FREELY to others when we first started out?

Bob Bigart

Attachments

• DewTrain-1.jpg
    DewTrain-1.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 92

Cadmn

don't know where you started but apprenticeshiparound this area was all the grunt work you could & not even minimum wage back then basically slave Labor to Learn the trade then ya had to furnish your own brushes & such.Tons of practice & lots of Non Free paint

ChicagoGraphics

Forget the free clipart, can anyone send me some free $$$$ for FREE im tired of working.
I allways been told, you have to spend money to make money! And it works.... try it sometime.

TonyHoles

Well I will say that there are plenty of jobs that come around where it calls for a simple, cheap and quick layout so free clipart does have it's place in this business. Yeah I would recommend buying packages of clipart and even drawing your own when it's necessary. But if someone here can say they have never used a free clipart image at somepoint in their career...I would venture to say they were lying.

It's Friday!!! Man life is good when Friday rolls around. And next week is a short week too. Chit, I may even taking the 3rd off too.

:beer

imaSIGNr

as far as practicing sand blasting...text should work fine...If you want dogs though and have any kind of program that will vectorize you can use your imagination . Take newspaper clippings, anything, outline it, scan it, vectorize it, clean up the nones and cut....

OldPaint

i dont get it......these people all claim to be COMPUTER SAAVY....and ARE IN THE GRAPHICS end of it, BUT DONT KNOW ANY PROGRAMS WITH CLIPART?????
makes me wonder about the people gettin into this line of work.
NUMBER ONE..
you either have COREL or ILLISTRATOR. both have some selection of clipart, COREL HAS A LOT IF YOU BUY A COPY!!!!
NUMBER TWO:
so many INEXPENSIVE PROGRAMS have CLIPART!
such as, ART EXPLOSION, PRINT ARTIST, PRINT SHOP, PRINT ART.
all have clipart, most can be vectorized....with a little knowledge.
NUMBER 3:
good program loaded with VECTOR CLIPART, TONS OF IT.
ARTS & LETTERS EXPRESS 7.0. I GOT THE UPGRADE FROM 6.0 FOR $69.00.
if you buy it, you have at least a chance to be professional...