• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is there a way to auto nest multiple objects inside one shape?

bigben

So out of curiosity, I was poking around in Illustrator to see if it could be done there. You can use Envelope/Envelope Distort to nest objects in a shape like that but it distorts all the objects to fit. Since there is a plug-in for Illustrator that will do that properly, I figure there must be a way to do it manually without distortion but I can't seem to find it. Does anyone have any clue about doing it in Illustrator?

I would also like to know the answer to this question. :popcorn:

FrankW

Look at the software package Enroute. The company I work for uses Flexi-Sign because it is directly compatible with Enroute. Which is the software package this was supplied with our first router.

Yes. And Flexi is famous too for exporting excellent DXF-Data for use with different apps too.

Nat

Disappointed that this Thread had an end !
Educational, Helpful, Memorable, With a bit of(For Lack of a better word) Zest!

Nat

SignManiac

Profile Lab and Aspire have good nesting modules but expect to pay. But when optimizing CNC files, they're worth the investment.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Yes. And Flexi is famous too for exporting excellent DXF-Data for use with different apps too.

While it does export dxf files, they are far from excellent. Flexi often has difficulty dealing with arcs when exporting this format. It's been my experience that multi-point arcs tend to be somewhat less than smooth from point to point. Corel does a far better quality dxf file.

thewvsignguy

Try This in Flexi Pro:

Is this feature not available in Flexi Designer 10.5.1?

I don't see it in my menu. Or am I blind.....

Attachments

• SS True Nest.jpg
    SS True Nest.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 196

ChrisN

Even though SAi says this about FlexiDESIGNER,
Get all the design, layout and image editing features of FlexiSIGN-PRO,
it is not true. FlexiDESIGNER does not have some features FlexiSIGN-PRO has. A few I've noticed (on FlexiDESIGNER Cloud 11 sp6) include true-shape nesting and i-cut marks.

thewvsignguy

Even though SAi says this about FlexiDESIGNER,

it is not true. FlexiDESIGNER does not have some features FlexiSIGN-PRO has. A few I've noticed (on FlexiDESIGNER Cloud 11 sp6) include true-shape nesting and i-cut marks.

Thanks for that info, it's not a deal breaker but good to know. I like setting up most of the production files when I can (designer), that seems like a neat trick. I'll just use it on the RIP computer.