• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is there dangers with buying used Flexi pro 7.6 v2?

Bighow

Hi,
I have been offered a used version of Flexisign Pro 7.6 V2. It has the two discs and the dongle key. I thought I read on this site that if the software was upgraded to flexi 8 a timer was started and the 7.6 will stop working. Is this true? If so is there a way to tell if a timer has been set?Are there any other concerns I should have? I want to use it as 7.6 version.

Last edited:

high impact

The customer has to send the dongle back to SAI for the 8.0 to continue to operate...it's only on a temp key until the old dongle is returned.

Call SAI with the user number and ask if it is legit. Be aware as well of the transfer license fee - I believe it is $200.

Bighow

I don't know if it has been upgraded in the past. I plan on using it as 7.6 version so it can be portable. I just don't want it to stop working.

Sign Works

The way it was explained to me when version 8 came out is that if you were to upgrade previous version to 8 during the install of the upgrade you would be prompted to insert the old key, this would somehow disable the old key say in 20 hours of use, believe it or not a lot of folks that upgraded to 8 ended up selling previous version on ebay stating that it was "all good" and the unlucky individual that purchased it was SOL after 20 hours of use.

Bighow

Thanks Signworks. that's what I thought I read. I don't need Pro because I don't have a printer just need something better than flexistarter. I have WinPCsign but i'm use to Flexi

Big EZ Signs LLC

So let me get this straight: If I attempt to save myself a few hundred dollars buying a used copy of Flexi on Ebay, and it comes with the dongle, I'll be screwed?

Sounds almost like SAI doesn't want people holding onto old copies of the software.

high impact

So let me get this straight: If I attempt to save myself a few hundred dollars buying a used copy of Flexi on Ebay, and it comes with the dongle, I'll be screwed?

That's not the case. Most dongle versions of flexi on the open market are legitimate.

As far as I know that older procedure was quickly changed. SAI has you send in the old dongle and does NOT give you a permanent key number until they receive the old dongle.

Just call them with the user number and see if it is a valid copy.