• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is there such a thing as a frustration-free laminator?

PixelGrafix

I have a Daige cold laminator - pretty simple design, but loads of frustration for me. Do you have a recommendation for a laminator that is less troublesome? What is your favorite laminator and why?
Thanks in advance!

Dennis422

I'm glad I did a research before I pulled the trigger on Daige.
Ended up with US Tech MPV500.
Only a few hundred $ more, but well worth it. You can get a 54" version with electronic lift for about $2500-$3000 new and delivered.

Good luck

oksigns

We have a SEAL 65-EL and after learning some tricks with film back rolls it has otherwise been simple and straightforward.

SignProPlus-Chip

Ledco, we have two, used to be three (sold one). Once adjusted and dialed in tension wise, they run flawless... roll after roll after roll. User error aside of course.

MikePro

Seal, hands-down.
I don't see how people have trouble with lamination, as it's pretty straight-forward. but then again, I've never seen anything but the Seal & GBC in-action.
roll of laminate square, take-up roll square, tight&square web pulled-through the pinch rollers, feed graphic square, and go!
(i also use a pair of lint-free gloves, to allow my hands to smooth my graphic center-outward as it is fed through)

1goodguy

Seal sounds good to me

We'll be in the market for a seal this fall. I hope they make them 63".

I have heard nothing but good things about them.

Tom

A laminator is only as capable as it's operator. That being said we had a royal and I loved it. Would probably go US Tech when I need a new one. Heard a lot of good things.

Speedsterbeast

Unless I am missing something, why go Ezy Taper when you can have a real, automated laminator?

Is this what you have?
http://daige.com/solo-cold-laminator/

It seems to be missing some parts! Terrible unit.

The Ezy Taper IS a real laminator.
And as for automated. Tell me why it's better?
You still have to stand at the machine when it's running
Mine can never break down. Seriously. It is so overbuilt it's crazy
I can laminate a 10 foot print in about 5 seconds.
Mounting prints on anything is a bubble free snap.
I can change the laminate in seconds.
There is no wasted material
It takes up very little shop space
It can be wheeled around to work off the edge of a table and then be put back out of the way
I can peel the protective film off dibond with it in a matter of seconds.
It can apply application tape- although I never use it for this
-The only drawbacks is the learning curve can be frustrating, and the price is rather high.

AF

Al of the above suggestions are viable options. Some machines can do more than others do you need to know what type of usage you expect before deciding.

player

The Ezy Taper IS a real laminator.
And as for automated. Tell me why it's better?
You still have to stand at the machine when it's running
Mine can never break down. Seriously. It is so overbuilt it's crazy
I can laminate a 10 foot print in about 5 seconds.
Mounting prints on anything is a bubble free snap.
I can change the laminate in seconds.
There is no wasted material
It takes up very little shop space
It can be wheeled around to work off the edge of a table and then be put back out of the way
I can peel the protective film off dibond with it in a matter of seconds.
It can apply application tape- although I never use it for this
-The only drawbacks is the learning curve can be frustrating, and the price is rather high.

I am sure it does work...

But everything it does, add motor. I just laminated 54" x 46'. My laminator has a manual crank as well as the motor. I have not used it. (ps- my link is to the Daige)

player

This is the one I am looking at:

[video=youtube;vudU7DbENtA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vudU7DbENtA[/video]