• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is this an Arkansas thing?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Why is it all these people think they can drive in that kinda weather or conditions ?? Sure, you can propel yourself, but you cannot stop a 2 to 3 ton piece of metal on tires that go round.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Geez ddarlak! I thought our 14" was lot! I snowblowed Friday at noon, my son and I went back at 9pm and again Saturday morning to keep up with it. It was quite drifted Saturday but I managed to get some pretty photos, it was really beautiful!
I hope we get some snow soon.... no snow at all, it's just COLD. It is supposed to snow this week though.

jimbug72

It's a thing here in SC also. Bread, bottled water and milk get wiped out every time it's forecast that snow (or a hurricane) might come our way. Also, EVERYTHING shuts the heII down if there is so much as a mention of snow, BUT to be fair, pretty much no one has experience driving in snow, no one has snow chains or snow tires, the DOT doesn't have salt trucks or snow plows at the ready so it isn't completely unreasonable to try and encourage folks to stay off the roads as much as possible.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
The clouds are ruining my day.
cld.jpg

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
You all need to learn to share dammit! We're not even getting above zero for the next few days, probably till the weekend. Next week they're calling for 20's & 30's with a cocktail of rain, snow, sleet, ice... All the fun stuff.

View attachment 169130
That looks like what we've got. Though I think we are expecting a heat wave.... it should warm up into the teens for a day or two.