Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is this stuff junk?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Hardware' started by scooternalberta, May 31, 2006.

1. scooternalberta

scooternalberta Member

Jan 22, 2005
    ok heres another one,im thinking already about the get what you pay for theory,anyway what do you guys think of this stuff absolute junk or average?
    thanks scott
    www.dimport.ca/printers.html
    if im not allowed to post links like this im very sorry,just remove it,just looking for more opinions!

Tags:
  2. 2NinerNiner2

2NinerNiner2 Very Active Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Calgary, AB
    Scooter - Surrey is a L-O-N-G way from St. Paul!!! :) ...so keep that in mind :) And really...what is it that piqued your interest in this brand? Please tell me it wasn't just the "price"!

3. Jon Aston

Jon Aston Very Active Member

Mar 4, 2004
    Scooter:

Your vendor's ability to support the product (training, tech support, spare parts inventory, etc, etc) is critical to your success with it.

I won't leap to any judgements about this particular company, but I would suggest exercising caution. Otherwise, what you save in terms of purchase price may cost you much more in the long run.

Last edited: May 31, 2006
  4. Arlo Kalon 2.0

Arlo Kalon 2.0 Very Active Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Reno, TX
    I'm turned off by whole appearance of the website. The very error laden translations from Chinese to English make me want to RUN... as does the flashing misspelling of GURRANTEE in the low price guArrantee. Definitely looks like a get what ya pay for stinger.

5. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    Can we say
    looks like COPIES of other name brand machines????

6. JMDigital

JMDigital Active Member

Oct 15, 2005
    I agree with everyone here. Run away from this place. If you are getting a solvent printer find someone local that will support it. Low Price is not always the best thing. The local guy here also has some off lease or trade in models they sell. Still better to get a used printer from a local place then a new one from who knows where..

Good Luck

7. Merlin

Merlin Member

May 1, 2006
    Vendor location is very important. Shipping cost are very important. We had equipment in N Dakota and down here in Florida. Now, the equipment bought in N Dakota would cost a fortune to be shipped all the way to the vendors. Lucky that we have vendors, here, in Florida that will take care of it.

8. scooternalberta

scooternalberta Member

Jan 22, 2005
    im running boys!,just thought wow good prices,shortly after thought im an idiot lol!
    scott

9. Cadmn

Cadmn Very Active Member

Aug 19, 2005
    Maybe Idiot a little harsh there scooter some here have that special senior been there knowledge Thank god they share