• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

issues upgrading firmware

MikePro

did this end up being the electrical issue that ruckus thought? curious to know how things turned out.

artbot

i have gotten sucked into the undertow of this new partnership. so i have a "broken" jv3, an uncoverted (from dye sub) chinese jv33 clone, and used 6x10 CET flatbed in a crate. meanwhile i've been subbing out work to an FB700 across town.

MikePro

owow. not the worse problem to have i guess, but I'm sure its maddening to have an unrepaired, undiagnosed, issue. you of all people.

artbot

well, i am putting on my big boy pants and putting a new slider and a new set of data ribbons in the printer. i was instructed by kent at macmedia to hook it all up, with no heads, or all but the yellow head. ...either way, what happens when you turn on a jv3 with no heads plugged in? error 07's on all channels i suppose. am i doing this to see if the slider board pops with no heads installed?

________

i have some PTSD on this repair. in fact this whole month i've incurred some horrible losses (long story for later).

but, i have this one nine panel order that can only be done with the old jv3. the client strictly wants exactly what was approved. plus the CET is still not installed.

ruckusman

Well it's experimental territory, but I think you're pretty much on the money with what you anticipate happening, error 07's.

Kent will know his reasoning behind wanting you to start things up in that sequence.

My opinion is that you won't damage anything (expensive - heads, relatively speaking) as there's nowhere for anything to short - i.e the heads, so it's likely Kent wants to confirm good connection between the main board and slider, before adding another element/variable into the equation.

Sound sensible to you?

peace out