• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Issues with a REDSAIL plotter... really need some advice.

PitbullX

Sorry that my first post here is a HELP thread but searching the net for advice led me here.

I have a Redsail 48 inch plotter that is now giving me fits! It is plotting terrible and it's either find a solution or have a blast dragging this thing around tied to the back of my car.

The issue is it "misses" cuts, leaving edges or overcuts leaving Xs at the ends. Sometimes it falls short of finishing the cut, other times, over cuts. Circles are almost impossible to do. I've tried contacting the company I got it from and get no support, the typical, "well it should work" responses. Maybe someone here can help.

I have it set up under 7475 Absolute@com1 as the HPGL would NEVER work, even though it's the default driver. I've messed around with knife offset, carve quality and all the other available settings to no avail. I tried setting the "optimize cutting order" to 1 inch, it solves some of the issues but creates brand new ones.

If anyone has a solution or just an opinion, I'd be very interested in hearing it. I did a full clean this morning to see if it helped and nothing changed. I'm at wits end.

Thanks in advance!!

Techman

ya,, stepper motor cutter.. very hard to get accurate...

Also, this is one of those unknown casual use machines. No one that I know of has any experience with this one.
Good luck..

PitbullX

Redsail cost belly belly cheap dolla but not come with happy ending!

ROR! (Raf Out Roud)

Wow, nice use of racism to make a point! Well done.

After all the "helpful" advice, I'll just scrap the plotter and use the Roland more.

Border

Wow, nice use of racism to make a point! Well done.

After all the "helpful" advice, I'll just scrap the plotter and use the Roland more.
Thanks, it took years for me to perfect it.

The reason you probably didn't get any helpful advice on it is probably because nobody here is familiar with that crappy cheap plotter that comes with no support!
Sorry, that's just the facts. Don't skimp on the tools that you make your living with, ESPECIALLY something so intricate and important as your plotter. That's the best advice I can give you.

G

gps-hi

last resort before taking it out for a drag:

Redsail Tech Co., Ltd (Google Map)
218/ F-2, Pioneer Square, Qilu Software Plaza, No.1 Shunhua Road, Jinan,Shandong, CHINA
ZIP: 250101
TEL: +86-531-86516855,86516856,86516857
FAX: +86-531-86516858
Mobile: +86-159-0808-0885 (24X7 service)
Email: sales@redsailcutters.com

BaiCam

Redsail Plotters

Racism, ignorance and just plain stupidity. One hell of a way to make joining this forum appealing guys!

Redsail cutters are sold worldwide as a starter option for those new to signmaking that cannot yet afford to buy a brand name cutter and as a backup for those who want to produce larger jobs than a 24in can handle or have more work coming in than one cutter can cope with.

I sell and support the Redsail cutters in the UK, I give 100% support and we have excellent feedback on the cutters. I have been selling them for over 4 years now. We have clients that have had these cutters as there main workhorse cutter for over 3 years and they are still providing good service.

Unfortunately the cutters are very often sold on by other companies that are just middle men, they know nothing about the cutters and cannot provide support. This does not mean that the cutters are useless, worthless, hopeless or anything else less, it means the same as any other product purchased from people like this, buyer beware and ask questions before the purchase.

Don't comment on something if you don't know, it, have not used it or even seen it or are so biased in your viewpoint that you resort to using your own ignorance to provide an answer.

Bradster941

Racism, ignorance and just plain stupidity. One hell of a way to make joining this forum appealing guys!

Redsail cutters are sold worldwide as a starter option for those new to signmaking that cannot yet afford to buy a brand name cutter and as a backup for those who want to produce larger jobs than a 24in can handle or have more work coming in than one cutter can cope with.

I sell and support the Redsail cutters in the UK, I give 100% support and we have excellent feedback on the cutters. I have been selling them for over 4 years now. We have clients that have had these cutters as there main workhorse cutter for over 3 years and they are still providing good service.

Unfortunately the cutters are very often sold on by other companies that are just middle men, they know nothing about the cutters and cannot provide support. This does not mean that the cutters are useless, worthless, hopeless or anything else less, it means the same as any other product purchased from people like this, buyer beware and ask questions before the purchase.

Don't comment on something if you don't know, it, have not used it or even seen it or are so biased in your viewpoint that you resort to using your own ignorance to provide an answer.

Then why didn't you answer the OPs question:help

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

chopper

Thanks, it took years for me to perfect it.

The reason you probably didn't get any helpful advice on it is probably because nobody here is familiar with that crappy cheap plotter that comes with no support!
Sorry, that's just the facts. Don't skimp on the tools that you make your living with, ESPECIALLY something so intricate and important as your plotter. That's the best advice I can give you.

I guess I am blind I don't see the racism here?
since when is stating the obvious racism?
besides I think every one is becoming to poriticre correct lighten up
I hope you get your plotter fixed, but if you notice you do not see posts like this about roland, summa, graphtec, anagraph, etc.
and Border thank you for making me laugh funniest thing I read in a while
//chopper

Techman

This does not mean that the cutters are useless, worthless, hopeless or anything else less

A machine with no support is useless. No matter how good it is. Since you took the time to post about how good the machine is.. Why not post a solution? Why not post a link to some support? Why not create s line of communication so the user can get his machine up and running?

Why PM instead of posting something that anyone could learn from?

And when did parroting an accent become racism? Nothing was said in support of any hate attitude...

sarge

i didnt see racism .. but then i believe those who scream racism are trying to look important and in fact are the real racist .. if the device is a POS and we know it is a POS .. no salesman is going to concure it is a POS .. he is out to make a buck off the POS who buys the POS

1leonchen

my two cents

i bougt a cheap plotter too.had not same but simillar problems.the driver in windows tends to scew up if u have installed more than one device in windows especially if u have two laser printers and multiple serial ports. 64 bit processors running 32 bit core also a problem.added pci cards also a problem.i dont say it wont work for you bit it didnt for me. in the end i used a old pentium3 processor running flexi starter (150usd). works like a charm.to me cheap plotters excersize more vnil per square inch. optical plotters waste at least 1/2 inch every time you load it on three sides. optical plotters cut guess work out of contour cut. but before that you could still contour cut. if u dont mind the aful niose then to hell buy a cheap one until u can aforad a good one.