• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Issues with importing AI file into CorelDraw 16

Andy D

For some reason, my fresh install of CorelDraw x6 has been importing my AI files all wonky, regardless
if the fonts are converted or not. Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks

aGrainofSalt

The best fix is to use AI. Generally, anywhere I've designed, we have the programs to use any natives we accept. Everyone has personal software preferences but if we accepted a file type, we had the native program to use it.

WildWestDesigns

For some reason, my fresh install of CorelDraw x6 has been importing my AI files all wonky, regardless
if the fonts are converted or not. Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks

Now, I'm kinda reading this as these Ai files at one time worked and now they do not? If that is the case, what is different about the DRAW on this system versus the last one? Was the last one just a disc install as well or did it have subsequent updates on it as well? If it did, may want to try to do those updates again as well. Or it could be a more general system issue, dunno.

Having said that, since you are dealing with a competing proprietary file format and if you need to have that proprietary format to do the work, then I would suggest having that other program as well. I made no bones about my not liking proprietary file formats being sent about, but if you do need it, the only true sure fire way is to have that other application. Or you may be able to improve your odds of opening later Ai files with at least a current version of DRAW as well (I think they are up to DRAW 2018 now on their website, that's quite a bit removed from X6). Probably won't open all of them, depending on what is in that Ai file, but it may improve your odds of opening more then what x6 could open.