• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

It was only a few days ago....

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
People were dying and praying for heat... now the air conditioner is running....

20210223_150509.jpg

rjssigns

Hopefully there won't be any weather related issues in Texas for a long time to come.

82 degrees hmmmm... Ice shanties still on the river here and I'm only 19 hours north.:)

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Geneva Olson said:
Gotta love Texas weather.

The weather gets even more ridiculous here in Oklahoma.

Last week, early that Tuesday morning Lawton set a new all time record low temperature of -12°F. The next Tuesday (yesterday) our high was up to 78°F. That's basically a 90 degree temperature swing. The temperature fell below zero here three days last week. Usually we can go ten years without it falling near zero on even one morning. Typically when we do have a very chilly night and morning the weather is dry and clear. This time we got enough snow Sunday night and Tuesday night to match average snowfall for two winters.

During the cold snap last week and the week before Lawton went on a stretch of 274 hours straight below freezing. We finally got above freezing last Friday. The previous record here of most hours straight below 32°F was 96 hours. Lake Lawtonka in the Wichita Mountains completely froze over, but it didn't freeze thick enough for people to be walking on it. A couple found out about that the hard way and had to be rescued.

When the pendulum swings this far in one direction it is bound to swing just as hard the other way. So I won't be surprised if we end up having one hell of a scorching hot Summer, the kind with around 100 days of 100°F+ heat. Not heat index either, actual air temps. Gotta get through the Fifth Season (Spring storm season) to get there.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Last week we were in the single or negative digits. Yesterday it was 32 and I felt like I was wasting my day away being inside LOL

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
The weather gets even more ridiculous here in Oklahoma.

Last week, early that Tuesday morning Lawton set a new all time record low temperature of -12°F. The next Tuesday (yesterday) our high was up to 78°F. That's basically a 90 degree temperature swing. The temperature fell below zero here three days last week. Usually we can go ten years without it falling near zero on even one morning. Typically when we do have a very chilly night and morning the weather is dry and clear. This time we got enough snow Sunday night and Tuesday night to match average snowfall for two winters.

During the cold snap last week and the week before Lawton went on a stretch of 274 hours straight below freezing. We finally got above freezing last Friday. The previous record here of most hours straight below 32°F was 96 hours. Lake Lawtonka in the Wichita Mountains completely froze over, but it didn't freeze thick enough for people to be walking on it. A couple found out about that the hard way and had to be rescued.

When the pendulum swings this far in one direction it is bound to swing just as hard the other way. So I won't be surprised if we end up having one hell of a scorching hot Summer, the kind with around 100 days of 100°F+ heat. Not heat index either, actual air temps. Gotta get through the Fifth Season (Spring storm season) to get there.

Come on man... 100 days of 100 is what we are all about... I mean, we do have a biker rally called "hotter than hell" in the middle of the summer.