• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

IT's starting CC charges

Techman

Second order this week.
Over $600 bux and they charged $19 for a 3% convenience fee to use the visa card. My recourse is to get a invoice and mail a check. Sure doesn't sound like a deal there.

2B

Second order this week.
Over $600 bux and they charged $19 for a 3% convenience fee to use the visa card. My recourse is to get a invoice and mail a check. Sure doesn't sound like a deal there.

yup, just got clipped for a "[FONT=&quot]Lost Cash Discount" using a CC
[/FONT]same 3% charge also

Team Valhalla

Not taking sides here, but you do know that depending on what card your customer uses, you're losing roughly 3% on every CC transaction.

In other words, a customer comes in and buys $675 worth of signage from you Techman, you just burned a twenty dollar bill.

CC companies don't process transactions for free.

SP

spudstr

You can thank the recent lawsuit against visa that use to prohibit this type of stuff, its now fine/with in visa/etc rules to charge recovery fee's/processing fees.

Techman

What I meant is that, some companies offer "cash discounts" as an incentive for customers NOT to use their card which costs the merchant a certain %

Its flipped around. Cash incentives will be full price with no fee. Now some are charging the 3-5 % fee when you use a card and will not let you use a check,, Or will delay the order until a check clears. Its goona be "abuse" the client time.

I called the supplier and whined about it. He says its the new policy.
I told him I will avoid services fees. That I would send a check just like the old days.
He said it would delay the order by at least ten days..while the check clears.
Told him if that was the case that my delay to send the check will be permanent, That I would miss talking to him after 20 years of business. And that my check for an invoice was fine for 19 of those years but now it is not?

Times are a changing every one. Who will start charging these "convenience" fees?
Actually I will be charging a fee now because it is a price increase of 3% per order with a CC.

2B

Its flipped around. Cash incentives will be full price with no fee. Now some are charging the 3-5 % fee when you use a card and will not let you use a check,, Or will delay the order until a check clears. Its goona be "abuse" the client time.

I called the supplier and whined about it. He says its the new policy.
I told him I will avoid services fees. That I would send a check just like the old days.
He said it would delay the order by at least ten days..while the check clears.
Told him if that was the case that my delay to send the check will be permanent, That I would miss talking to him after 20 years of business. And that my check for an invoice was fine for 19 of those years but now it is not?

Times are a changing every one. Who will start charging these "convenience" fees?
Actually I will be charging a fee now because it is a price increase of 3% per order with a CC.

Interesting point on this is the state we are in says it is illegal to charge the processing fee to customers. HOWEVER when you go to the comptroller website and pay taxes they will charge you the processing fee for using a credit card......... go figure that one out

fmg

How is it that certain gas companies charge more for a gallon of fuel if paid by c/c than if paid by cash.I sure it is illegal for the gas stations to advertise and practice that no?

WildWestDesigns

How is it that certain gas companies charge more for a gallon of fuel if paid by c/c than if paid by cash.I sure it is illegal for the gas stations to advertise and practice that no?

Nope, not illegal. If they are going to do that, they have to advertise it as such. A lot of places that I stop in Arkansas are like that. Right now it's determined by states, some don't allow it, some do.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member

A few years back NJ did away with the ability to do that....then reinstated it. Not sure of the legal-ese going on with that but it is quite annyoying driving down the road. You always have to look at BOTH prices when coming up to the fuel up. Wawa, QuickChek and wholesale clubs like Sams, BJs and Costco dont charge the additional fees for CC. The one good thing is with Wholesale club gas here in NJ is you dont have to be a member either. You can pull into any of the 3 and buy gas without showing a membership card.