• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jacksonville Jaguars New logo. Like or dislike.

showcase 66

Here was another version I saw on facebook.

Attachments

• jagmeme.png
    jagmeme.png
    125.2 KB · Views: 92

Chris85

We have already done some digital printing of the new logo for the Jags. I think either one is fine, but everybody has their own opinions.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
It looks like every other logo where a school has some variety of big cat for a mascot. Which is at least half of them. Boring.

Why not be different an use an image of a classic XK120.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It looks like every other logo where a school has some variety of big cat for a mascot. Which is at least half of them. Boring.

Why not be different an use an image of a classic XK120.

You silly person...... everyone knows these sports teams are like plotters....... they have to be named after a cat or bird of some sort. Otherwise they have no appeal to anyone. :rock-n-roll:

C

ColoPrinthead

You silly person...... everyone knows these sports teams are like plotters....... they have to be named after a cat or bird of some sort. Otherwise they have no appeal to anyone. :rock-n-roll:
Epson really should have named the GS6000 "El Burro" or "The Jacka$$"

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.

Since you can't name a team after anything human any more without provoking protest, the animal kingdom seems to be all that is left.

Gone are the days of Indians, Redskins, Pirates, Vikings, and other groups of mostly unpleasent humans. Seems a shame. Stanford was never the same when they changed from Indians to Cardinals. At least they could have used a Catholic instead of a stupid bird for a mascot.

Marlene

here ya go bob, a couple of teams who dared to be different

Attachments

• slugs.jpg
    slugs.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 94
  • buttepirates.jpg
    buttepirates.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 92

Joe Diaz

Chill! First of all my comment isn't anti redneck at all, it's in response to Bob's comment about no more Indians, Redskins, Pirates, Vikings, which by the way I also don't have a problem with.... I don't mind being called a Yankee either, and I have no dog in your fight with Indianapolis.... and Lincoln was the s#!t. Does that cover it all?

I really like the new logo. I think it only looks like clip art because school mascots are a clip art theme that has been run into the ground. I'm not a big fan of the randomly placed cheese puff and jelly bean shapes on the old mascots head.

While I realize the new logo doesn't have the style of the original and appears that it could have been traced darn near verbatim from a wildlife photo, to me it just looks way more refined. While the first logo definitely shows the speed and agility of the cat with it's sharp cutting lines and lack of flowing contours, I still just prefer the second all around visually. I also like the added dimension from the addition of a fourth color.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Old one is better in my opinion. It is more stylized and has more style, the other one for some reason looks like a a clip-art design that any small town peewee team might use. Just an opinion though. Don't get me wrong it's not terrible.

Mosh said:
looks like clipart...

This was my first thought. High school football team logo.

vid

here ya go bob, a couple of teams who dared to be different

..how could you forget the Fighting Artichokes?

attachment.php

...oh and @showcase 66, it sounds like your cousin is miffed that he has to buy new fan gear

Attachments

• ScottsdaleCCAthPrimaryMarkColor Jpeg.jpg
    ScottsdaleCCAthPrimaryMarkColor Jpeg.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 81

Marlene

..how could you forget the Fighting

love that one. fighting? do they roll up to you really fast and poke you with the stem? hope see them play the banana slugs as the slugs will eat them up. Maybe the Richmond flying squirrels could swoop down on those fighting veggies