• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

jammed grit shaft on ioline super 88

signlanguage

I am looking for some seasoned advice on how to deal with a jammed grit shaft on a ioline super 88. I am fairly new in the world of sign making and I am scared that if I take the machine apart, it will never be the same. There is a piece of tape that held my vinyl to its tube that is wedged under one of the gritty rollers. This has been affecting all the vinyl since because the grit roller will get stuck about 3 seconds into the cut leaving me with a muddled version of what I needed.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks!

PGSigns

I have a 30" super 88 sitting in the store room that I can look at tonight and see if I can get you some ideas on what to do.
Jimmy

alanrt1

Stuck roller

I have an Ioline Studio 7 which has been taken apart and put back together. They are generally in modules so once the bottom plate is removed, you have access to all the parts.
Alan