• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Japanese Character Conversion

PurplePanther

I have a Word doc that has Japanese character writing. I tried to paste it over into Omega Composer program but just came up as question marks. What is the easiest way to convert these word doc characters over to Omega to print on an Edge 2 for a label?

thanks,
Brent

Techman

scan print them then scan it to a graphics file,

that is unless you have the japanese font capability in your system..

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
You may be able to do it on a Mac by switching the keyboard language...but you would still need a visual reference to see if it transferred correctly....I did this in Chinese but used Apples chinese system software since Chinese has issues with the english keyboard.

Maybe you can switch the language, copy and paste with japanese characters in Omega (Or Illy or Corel) convert to curves.

threeputt

I may be mistaken, but Kanji (that is, symbols which represent whole words rather than individual letters in an alphabet) is the same for Japanese and Chinese.

You may have to scan the individual Kanji, vectorize and print as outlined in an earlier post. I'm unaware of any font that you can load and then type on your keyboard. Could be wrong, but that's my current opinion.

ScottyDoo

You can install Japanese fonts and install language support on your windows machine. That's what I've done on mine so I can pull in the actual japnese text into illustrator from a translator and then just convert to outlines. If it were me, what I would do is to convert it to a PDF from word then open it in acrobat and then using a plugin (Intellipdf curves) I have it will convert all fonts to outlines/curves and then save it out again and import the PDF into Omega.

Would be more than happy to do it for you if you want to email me the word doc.

scott (at) onyxtalk.com