• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jesse Hill - J Hill Designs- needs your thoughts and prayers

OldPaint

have they arrested the guy who did this to him??? least he should get is manslaughter. when i died, from a confrontation of a young guy(road rage, his)the deputy told me(after i came back 6-8 months later)that he told the guy who caused me to have a heart attack, that he could be arrested for murder if i never came back .

Keith K.

So what a small world revolves around so many of us.

A snowboard buddy from Truckee, posted about an altercation Saturday Night in a downtown Truckee watering hole.

Jesse Hill has been a regular, knowledgeable, and thorough contributor around here, and today he's fighting for his life thanks to some d-bag.

You can all google it all up, no need to post the links here—I'd rather keep this thread positive thoughts.

All I know is a guy that's always been straight up generous with all of us, got the major short end of the stick Saturday night, and his life will likely never be the same again.

Be well my friends. And may Jesse persevere over adversity.

Keith K.

Re: Jesse Hill from Chico Ca. I am aware that a lot of Signs101 folks knew and spoke with Jesse. I am the founder and owner of this small sign company "First Impression Sign Company" here in Chico. Jesse's passing on 7-3-16 has been one of the toughest things I have ever gone through. Jesse began working with me when he was 24 and worked here until last year when he was 39. I can maybe now speak without choking up....wait, maybe not. I loved Jesse. He was like a son to me and he told me he felt the same. His biological father was out of the picture soon after his birth. He had to be tough in some ways because of this. And yet he was a very loving, tender and thoughtful soul at the same time. "And" super "smart, honest and reliable". Jesse took charge of a lot of things here over the years he was here. He was managing a large part of the business and we were planning on passing the business on to him. I would retire and help him out as needed. Well this last year has been a much different story. I do not know what I am doing nearly as well as Jesse did. Not even close. I am good at design and sales but Jesse was doing most everything else, most of the time. I just finally figured out how to get on this site and got around to reading all of your comments. It was tough. I want to thank you all for you kind words. If anyone out there knows of anyone who knows something about the sign business and wants to move the Chico...let me know. I put an ad in Indeed a while back. The offer also could include owning the business eventually. First Impression Sign Company has a great, over 40 year reputation and portfolio. Anyway nice getting to know some of you by going through your posts and past messages about and with Jesse. Keith K

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
As the former owner of this forum, I can tell you that Jesse was one of the most helpful, knowledgeable and likable members ever to join Signs 101. I think of him often and miss him.

Thanks for joining Keith and sharing your memories of him.

Keith K.

As the former owner of this forum, I can tell you that Jesse was one of the most helpful, knowledgeable and likable members ever to join Signs 101. I think of him often and miss him.

Keith K.

I had no idea Jesse was spending all of his time on Signs101 instead of working!! I KID... Thanks for your kind words. Jesse meant the world to me and I am glad that I was able to tell him so often, while he was with me. BTW I have a brother who lives in Olympia over looking Summit Lake. Just stopped in last month.

SignosaurusRex

I...... BTW I have a brother who lives in Olympia over looking Summit Lake. Just stopped in last month.

While the "Toxic Algae Bloom" was happening? :( I too have a brother living on Summit Lake.
Jesse and I only conversed a few times but we had a deep connection in many ways, both in professional life as well as how and where we/family grew up. A toast to Jesse was made at Summit Lake the weekend after his passing and my receiving word. He IS and will continue to be missed by many.