• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Jet Ski Wrap - Sea Doo Gti 130

messmedia

Hello, people!
I am having something like a meltdown, as I've been overly busy on one new client that I like working with, so far, but just got an order from him that I am not sure can I go through (am I able to) ...

Tonight, with his business-style orders (which included few POS stand-alones, flyers, decals ...), Guy ask me to estimate cost of wrapping a jet ski he just bought for his 14 yo son.
I never did a jet-ski, but i did numerous cars, some sailing boats and regular speed boats. So, I said: yeah, no problem ... :O
Then I saw what I am dealing with!
All those crooked lines, bends, ... ... I couldn't even measure it with any sense, or certainty that I can wrap it correctly.
And guy wants a custom logo (his son racing name) on it, and already picked style of lines (2-3 colors, one of which is, of course, fluorescent green :))

So, help is needed. Did anyone do this SEA DOO GTI 130 jet ski? Does anyone have an accurate vector template, or a scheme, so I can use it without fear of mistake dimensions or shapes? Or, at least your own drawing based on which You did it?

I would greatly appreciate any help on this matter!!!
Thank You!!!

OPENSignsInc.

I usually just take a bunch of pictures of the areas that need covered and stitch and size them together (I use signlab 10). Then overlay where I want pieces to be and oversize my printed panels and trim them back afterwards.

It's a bit of grey area, but you might be able to find a template online, and if you can size it right just use it to make a rough template.

One thing I always do on atv's/snowmobiles and such is if it has plastic body panels (not fiberglass) is to hit it real quick with a propane torch, wipe with isopropyl, and hit edges & valleys with 3M Primer 94. When they form the panels, they use a mold release coating and vinyl tends not to stick to it, the flame helps get rid of it.

One thing that may help too is knifeless tape, I fill in deep pockets and such with a single color (or rattle can if too complex or need be) and leave the graphix/names on the flat areas that were more exposed.