• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help JFX200-2513 Error 717

BenBo

Hiya,
I have Mimaki JFX200-2513 flatbed printer showing error 717 InkHeaterRBrk:1_

I have been away for a few days and come back to it showing this error. What do I do? How do I fix it? I’m in quite urgent need of help as I need the machine to make orders.
I have googled and it simply says turn it off and leave it for a while or check the connection but I don’t know where the connection is.
Any help or directions would be appreciated. Thank you

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
Not sure how to fix it, and this is a shot in the dark, but have you checked your coolant level recently?

BenBo

That’s worth a shot so I’ll check it but I think it would just say the coolant was low if so?

When I google it, all I find is 1. Check the connection of added cable. (specially connection of heater and thermistor) 2. Replace the heater relay PCB with a new one. 3. Replace the heater block Assy. with a new one.
But I don’t know how or where to check

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Solventinkjet will probably know. Might need to wait for him to wake up.
Haha, morning!

Your printheads have heaters that heat the ink up and the error is saying heater 1 is either unplugged or burnt out. The easiest thing is to just make sure everything is plugged in in the head area. You might need to have the heater replaced though.

Attachments

• Heaters.jpg
    Heaters.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 33

BenBo

Haha, morning!

Your printheads have heaters that heat the ink up and the error is saying heater 1 is either unplugged or burnt out. The easiest thing is to just make sure everything is plugged in in the head area. You might need to have the heater replaced though.
Thank you. I will have a look and see. Will I be able to find tutorials for this?
How would it simply come unplugged or burnt out?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thank you. I will have a look and see. Will I be able to find tutorials for this?
How would it simply come unplugged or burnt out?
Unfortunately there isn't anything that I know of. It's a fairly rare part to fail and I don't even see the procedure in the tech manual.

Becoming unplugged is more rare but sometimes the heating element just burns out due to age.

BenBo

Unfortunately there isn't anything that I know of. It's a fairly rare part to fail and I don't even see the procedure in the tech manual.

Becoming unplugged is more rare but sometimes the heating element just burns out due to age.
Hmm ok thank you. I’m not sure where to even find it on the machine. Where would I have to look? Just under the head casing?
Would you know where I could find a new part in the Uk? Or roughly how much it would be?
Sorry for all the questions but thank you for all your help

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Hmm ok thank you. I’m not sure where to even find it on the machine. Where would I have to look? Just under the head casing?
Would you know where I could find a new part in the Uk? Or roughly how much it would be?
Sorry for all the questions but thank you for all your help
It's attached to the head under the big carriage cover. Once you take the cover off, you'll see something that looks like the diagram I posted above.

This is a fairly complicated machine to work on so you might consider getting a tech. I'd contact Mimaki to see if there is a dealer closer to you. Any dealer could order the part and might have a tech on staff. They're around $180USD.

Gregg Lindsay

While I agree with all the above TS.
My bet is going to be coolant scale built up inside the pump/radiator and or the intake fans/filters by the radiator being clogged on the service end of the machine. Ive had to literally vacuum that filter area with a shop vac, like WTF man you have barn cats in here or someone going bald?
CLR works fantastic to flush/clean it in Service mode.
ALWAYS overlooked and no one ever flushes the coolant system like they should, resulting in head and EIO board failure, because the pump ends up running at half speed.
Cost 20 bucks and 3 hrs of labor and down time once a year.

BenBo

While I agree with all the above TS.
My bet is going to be coolant scale built up inside the pump/radiator and or the intake fans/filters by the radiator being clogged on the service end of the machine. Ive had to literally vacuum that filter area with a shop vac, like WTF man you have barn cats in here or someone going bald?
CLR works fantastic to flush/clean it in Service mode.
ALWAYS overlooked and no one ever flushes the coolant system like they should, resulting in head and EIO board failure, because the pump ends up running at half speed.
Cost 20 bucks and 3 hrs of labor and down time once a year.
Please could you explain how i would do this? Sorry im very busy and trying to get this sorted at the same time haha

BenBo

I have now checked the cablesa re all plugged in correctly, though it took me a while to work out what part the heaters were. From what I could tell it was all plugged in correctly. I also checked the coolant as suggested. I assume the only option left is a new Ink heater? or should I get a technician out to check first? Would I need a whole new head or can it just be a heater? could I do it myself?
It's attached to the head under the big carriage cover. Once you take the cover off, you'll see something that looks like the diagram I posted above.

This is a fairly complicated machine to work on so you might consider getting a tech. I'd contact Mimaki to see if there is a dealer closer to you. Any dealer could order the part and might have a tech on staff. They're around $180USD.