• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jimmy Johnson!

FatCat

...don't even know a word yet, just a little infant, so cuddly, but still omnipotent. We just thank you for all the races I've won and the $21.2 million dollars... LOVE THAT MONEY, that I have accrued over this past season. Also due to a binding endorsement contract that stipulates I mention PowerAde at each grace, I just wanna say that Powerade is delicious and it cools you off on a hot summer day and we look forward to PowerAde's release of mystic mountain blueberry.

-Ricky Bobby

threads1

Wait till you see next years formula 1 Taurus entry with the fenders knocked off........I didn't literally mean All of the other venues.....and they do turn right leaving their pit stall.

signmeup

Watching a dog chase it's tail for 30 seconds is way more entertaining than a whole Nascar season. Unless the camera pans the crowd......

gnatt66

listen..we can't all love watching grown men in tights playing with sticks and balls. I'll leave that to y'all ;)

and im no uber Nascar fan, i prefer the racing that we actually DO. sports on TV is just that...entertainment. DOing it is where the fun is.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Love me some Nascar... not a Johnson fan but gotta hand it to him.

And yeah -it ain't nothing like it used to be... which is a crying shame... hardly watch like I used to... but still ain't nothin' like being at the track.

ericmitchell29

How many of you have ever seen this.

Hey... Check this video out on youtube from a Busch Grand National Race.
Jimmie almost never got to have his potential seen.
This is one of the most unbelievable wrecks I have seen a driver walk away from.
Not alot of people knew this even happened to him.

Check it out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovukNXNikiA

Pat Whatley

O.K. Pat…. Why would it make any difference where the cars are located on the track after 3 hours? These cars are so close to being identical that the driver’s skill and pit stops are what makes the difference in their location.
So why don't we stop calling it racing then and just have a pit crew competition. Wait, if they did that there wouldn't be any crashing and without crashing there wouldn't be any highlights to show. If it's all about driver skill why don't they just run the races as time trials to eliminate random crashes? My point is that after 500 miles every other racing series has separation due to superior car building skills, superior driving ability, and sheer luck. NASCAR separation at a superspeedway is what....200 yards? Seems kind of fishy to me.

Nobody wants to see run-away races like you see in other venues. Boring! No one is being punished for going too fast.
Really? How come whenever one car manufacturers body style shows a competitive advantage (due to better design) the first thing Neckcar does is force them to carry more weight, screw with the spoiler, or jiggle some wire to slow them down and take away the advantage. Oh yeah, I remember...it's a "driver ability" thing.

Nascar just doesn’t want these cars to go 250 MPH because they would need wings and that’s a whole different kind of racing. The other venues don’t have restrictions because they only go about 100 to 120 MPH. You could do that in your family car.
They do more than 120 at our local track. Exactly which professional racing circuit does 100 MPH? Mud bog racing? Monster trucks?

As far as stacking the deck….. it’s not Nascar. It’s strictly team ability.
Bullshit. Look at qualifying. With only 40 or so spots available how many of those spots are guaranteed? If Jeff Gordon shows up and wrecks a car in practice then spins out in qualifying does he get left out of the race? Heck no...he gets to use a provisional start meaning he gets to take a spot from some independent guy with a better qualifying time. Yes, it does happen. 55 teams show up for a race....40 have a guaranteed spot, the other 15 are competing for only three positions, if that many.

I’m sorry Pat, that you don’t like Nascar for what ever reasons you might have. I might suggest that you go to a race some time. There’s nothing like seeing it in person to understand how exciting it is to watch 43 cars going 200 MPH while staying only inches away from the car in front of them. And the noise is awesome.
I've been to quite a few races, thanks. I've seen the packs of drunk idiots in the parking lot...wait those were Tennessee fans. I've seen the packs of drunk rednecks in the cow pastures at Talladega burn Jeff Gordon in effigy...I've sat in the infield on top of a motor home and fell asleep watching the race....I've been in a luxury suite and quickly realized nobody was actually there for the race (and most of the suites were empty by the end of the race because people left to beat the traffic. As far as the noise couldn't I just poke a couple of holes in my muffler and lay under the truck and get the same effect? :ROFLMAO:

I do think your right about D.P. she will be in the Nationwide series next year. I personally think she is Hot and the sponsors are going to jump all over her just because of the controversy will give her a lot of attention.
Maybe next Nascar can recruit a black guy!

Look, if NASCAR is your thing then more power to you. NASCAR lost me a long time ago. Of course almost all racing now bores me to tears except rally car and SCORE. I like obstacles....and right turns. :thumb:

Slowpoke17

Ok, I can't help myself. This thread is getting a little boring and somewhat stretched out, so in the words of nascar........DEBRIS CAUTION!

Pat Whatley

Let me add "Drunk guys in homemade cars with god-awful bodywork and some funky assed wraps" to the short list of racing that I like.

Come on, you don't seriously consider Neckcar "racing", do you? It's the professional wrestling of the racing world.

Can you name any other "racing" sport where you can run a race for three hours and the distance from first to last is less than a lap? Any other racing series out there that punishes cars for going too fast? Does any other SPORT stack the deck against independent race teams as much as Nascar does?

i am SO glad to see someone from alabama say this...i feel like the loan ranger unable to get into nascar around here...

Mosh

I thought he retired and only did the Fox NFL show. Good for him, what does his hair look like afer wearing a helmet all day.