Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

John Don't Go!

Discussion in 'Member Shout Out' started by player, Sep 17, 2014.

1. player

player Major Contributor

Apr 24, 2006
    Toronto
    I don't want john Butto to stop posting his great ideas and artwork to this forum.

Please John! Hang in there.

Bump if you agree with me...

Tags:
  2. TXFB.INS

TXFB.INS Very Active Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Lone Star State
    bump,

its always a pleasure to see what he can do what a pencil / pad

3. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    you can draw "Marlene's World" any time you want and I won't get all fussy pants and cry like a little girl until it is removed

4. SellersSign&Design

SellersSign&Design Active Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Harrisburg, NC
    Many people here have given me great advice and tons of help, but he has gone above and beyond many times to help me out. When others would laugh and make fun and not give any helpful advice, I would almost always get a great response out of John that pointed me in the right direction. I definitely don't want to see him go.

5. mfatty500

mfatty500 Active Member

May 10, 2010
    Sugar Grove, Ill
    Yeah, what everybody else said.

6. klingsdesigns

klingsdesigns Very Active Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Wisconsin
    bump

7. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    With what is going on in the world today a little humor goes a long way.

wayne k
    guam usa

8. John L

John L Very Active Member

Apr 28, 2007
    John Stay!!

9. Rick

Rick Certified Enneadecagon Designer

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    Everbody loves the drama...

Anyone who's agenda it is to troll 3 respected members
    in my opinion is pathetic... From my short encounter
    with him, especially the final encounter was his strong
    need to show up Joe, Dan and Neato. I found myself dealing
    with a very bitter person. I imagine quite a few of us have
    better things to do with ourselves... like building our business.
    It is a forum and we need thick skins... but it's also business,
    some we have a lot of blood, sweat and tears, last thing I
    want to show up to in a google search is his interpretation
    of who I am and what he thinks my motives are, all the
    while hiding behind a fake name... it's not a rebuke he's
    looking for... and who made him judge and jury anyway...
    and those in the cheap seats, isn't that what you want...
    drama... Butto was drama that could doodle.

He pulled my tail, it wasn't funny or cool. Pretty sure I made
    myself clear what I think of people who are like that. He can
    pretend it was help, but he knew exactly what he was doing.

I have no respect for anyone who starts something, then
    whines later, like they are the victim. All the while being
    invisible... Anyone remember Stanton? He specifically told
    me he was out to get Gino... now that Gino is gone... where is
    Stanton?

Don't worry folks, there will be another to replace him and you'll
    have your show back.

10. HDvinyl

HDvinyl Trump 2020

Nov 20, 2008
    halfway house.
    This place needs visual entertainment.

I don't know why, but you(Rick) and many other helpful people stopped posting suggestions(visually) on here.

i gUeSs I jUsT lIkE pReTtY pIcTuReS

11. Rick

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    I like posting pretty pictures...
    I like showing people another way of looking at things...
    I like working on fun stuff more than the crap I have to work on.

2 things had me stop... one was I didn't get a lot of response from that effort... or in more simple terms...
    I saw no benefit for me either monetarily or someone suggesting me for a design job... I kinda need the money.
    All the design work I did here, was always paid back to the forum. But it would have been nice to have my name
    thrown in for freelance work other than the usual designers whom I admire.

The other reason was someone suggested that I was sticking it to other designers on the forum. Like my intentions
    were to show off... I have a place to do that... by the way, I finally posted a lot of photos on the gallery... some stuff
    on threads I decided not to show because I didn't think it would be seen or didn't want my motives questioned...

Mr Butto I think said it best on the last contest... at least his interpretation

Think of it this way, you can't win with a troll like that... you are screwed if you are good, you are screwed if you show
    your work, you are screwed if you don't, screwed if you ask a question...

Oh by the way, did I mention, I like making money!

12. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    Not sure what's going on or what happened. I'll just throw in that John can be a little brash sometimes, but he can also be brutally honest too. He offers a lot more help behind the scenes than he does publicly and he's pretty damn good at it.

13. player

player Major Contributor

Apr 24, 2006
    Toronto
    The sign business has a mix of people, and artists are abound. They are creative types, and tend to be less conventional in many ways. Slack should be cut for them in my humble opinion.

14. Z SIGNS

Z SIGNS Very Active Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Trenton NJ
    :popcorn:

15. CES020

CES020 Very Active Member

Oct 16, 2008
    VA
    A lot of people felt the same way about Gino. He treated a lot of people terrible and everyone knows that for a fact, not an opinion. People would ask an honest question, then he'd twist their words into something they didn't say, call them out on it, then act like he was the victim and only trying to help. There's a fairly long list of people that experienced the wrath of Gino. It's nice to remember him fondly, when it wasn't you that he was belittling.

No offense meant Rick, but the way you feel about John is exactly the way a number of people feel about Gino. You're just on the opposite end in this situation.

16. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    I totally agree Pat. He can be incredibly helpful, often on the money with his satirical humor and occasionally rude, insulting and over the top.

For the record:

I did not ask John to leave. John posted a worked over photo of a member that was rude, insulting, steeped in a personal dislike, uncalled for and complained about. It was over the top IMO. At the request of the member he directed it at, I removed the image and the post. Shortly after that John posted a sketch that was also rude and uncalled for in response to a helpful post from a different member. I also removed that post.

What we have is a collision between between John's wish to post anything he wants to post and my wish to not have members being attacked for expressing their views or in offering help to members in need.

John is free to return anytime he chooses to do so. I plan to retain my right to remove or edit offensive material whenever it is posted and determining where to draw the line will remain at the discretion of the Signs 101 management.

17. Fred Weiss

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    To John's credit, he at least posted his creations. To the best of my knowledge, Gino never posted a single picture of his work.

18. Fred Weiss

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    It was. Today was over the top and based in personal animosity.

19. Rick

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    I did not ask for Gino's return, I also told Gino what I thought about what he did.
    Gino got what was coming to him... Butto is being a drama queen... errr, king

20. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    Fred,
    I may not always agree with what you delete, but I will defend (almost) to death, your right to delete it!

(Actually, everything points to a likelihood I would agree with what you decided to delete in regards to this topic, but just felt like spinning your signature into a reply)

I deactivated my Facebook account as part of an addiction management experiment!
    Not surprising I'm peeking in here today... and that will most likely be on the rise in coming weeks, though hopefully not to the addictive level that would defeat the purpose of my experiment...

...anyway, seems about the same around here, except for a sense of abnormal quiet emanating from a Nor'easterly direction... but still no shortage of drama :)