• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Johnny Bench wants a Wrap ! Who wants to tackle this one ?

ronl1975

An email I got and my reply :

Hello this is John Bench and i will like to tell you that The car are with the shipper at my formal home State but i live here in state so that is why i want my car towed back home for the signage in good time so can i have your shop address so that i can forward that to the shipper so they will have the car delivered to the front of your shop for the job and that is type of design i want on the the Camry so i will like to know the type of credit card you accept as well so i will like you to get me proper estimate quote so will can process that out so you can get me the proper price for it thanks, So kindly get back to me with the request information below..

Full name..
Shop Address..
Cell phone and Business phone number..
Types of credit card you accept..
Total cost of your service..
Thank you in anticipation of your prompt and favorable reply..

may peace be with you
John Bench
(214) 736-4819

Good day John Bench! I am sure we can work with your arrangements, that is if you agree to ours as well. Our shop is very busy so taking walk-in vehicle wraps can be difficult. So this is my solution. We are within driving distance of Walt Disney World, I'm sure you've heard of it. All you have to do is tow your vehicle to the Walt Disney World parking lot. The driver will have to pay $10 to park it but I don't mind paying that back to you. I'll leave it in the glove department inside of your vehicle. So now that we've taken care of vehicle drop off, all you have to do is email me which lot # and which park the vehicle is at. That is important! Oh and of course leave the keys underneath the drivers side mat. But before we make plans of getting your vehicle to my shop...

Wait a minute, Johnny Bench.... Johnny Bench ! Your famous ! Aren't you in the baseball hall of fame ??? !!!! Big Red Machine !!!! I miss those days Benchy ! Why wouldn't you want to wrap your Camry in RED. Get it? RED... ok enough with the jokes. Why are you even driving a Camry anyway? Aren't you rich? I mean, you do have multiple World Series rings. I'll trade you a wrap for your rings. ok ok, thats a little steep. Maybe a wrap for a signed game worn jersey? Hey let me know, just reply back with information how I can get ahold of you.

Full name..
Address..
Cell phone and/or Business phone number..
Thank you in anticipation of your prompt and favorable reply..

may peace be with you,
Pete Rose

Techman

Sad thing is there is someone who will fall for this.
Especially when the key secret decoder word is used.

"kindly":
once that work pops into play in an email it is a guaranteed scamm.

hansman

There is no shortage of scamming idiots on craigslist for sure. Usually they want to prepay for something sight unseen, and it is usually a stolen c/c # etc., etc.
However I fail to see how this guy is going to carry out his scheme.
Maybe to get his car shipped for free? Surely he cant be that stupid right!

phototec

Hehe.

These idiots think they're smart enough to scam people yet write at a 3rd grade level.

I'd like to meet one of these idiots and punch them in the mouth.

Pat, that's a nice thought, but unless you are going to Nigeria, you will not get the chance.

Most of theses scams are just that, they steal your money, there really is NO car!

:omg:

Biker Scout

I was totally on board until he said he wanted to wrap a Camary. :omg: Wait... Who wraps a Camary? That's when I knew it was a scam. :ROFLMAO:

DizzyMarkus

Did you get the photos of what they wanted on the Camary? I had gotten a text asking for my email to the exact same as the email -- then received an email with the same details and two photos. It looks like water drops with a blue background-- I'll see if I can find it today, I deleted it a week ago. The thrid time I had had it and told him to F Off and knock it off -- they still continue to come. :banghead:

Markus

Vinylman

Did you get the photos of what they wanted on the Camary? I had gotten a text asking for my email to the exact same as the email -- then received an email with the same details and two photos. It looks like water drops with a blue background-- I'll see if I can find it today, I deleted it a week ago. The thrid time I had had it and told him to F Off and knock it off -- they still continue to come. :banghead:

Markus

HER'EES me best effort to date.Plezze signed you apruval, and return with your deposit of $ 100,000,000.09. Payable through Western Yunion only please, thank you.

Attachments

• Water Drops.jpg
    Water Drops.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 113