• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Join the BBB?

Stealth Ryder

BBB is a waste of money that I paid for years until I saw the light... As someone above has already said, all they do is keep a record negative things about you and nothing that is positive... JMO

mountaingraphic

The bbb is a money racket and have many complaints against them. Save your money and spend it on real advertising. Granted a lot of ppl trust the logo when doing business with online vendors but hardly anyone actually checks to see if the ppl are trully registered or just slapped the image on there site.

I received a letter the other day from the BBB stating that a customer had inquired if we where a member in good standing with the BBB. I was somewhat skeptical but the letter asked some basic stuff about our business, how long had we been open, what kind of business was it, etc. Decided to take a chance and fill it out.

Two days later I get a call from the BBB, they would like $400 for my application!!!

Seemed a little like extortion, I doubt that there is a real customer asking about my business but for $400 bucks the BBB would tell them that I was ok to do business with.

Just really seemed more like a scam than a marketing investment.

signgal

agree with most of these posts:

BBB=No!
COC=Yes!

If you don't get business from the chamber you're doin' it wrong! and if your chamber only has 20 people showin up for mixers/networking, make it stronger. Get on the board and promote. The more members, the stronger the chamber, the stronger the chamber, the better for you! We wouldn't be in business without our chamber!

cartoad

Just my 2 cents, bbb, total waste of $$, belonged for a year, with promises of help all sorts of things, zip. CoC varies with location and participation, hard to make the meetings, let alone be active in it, but still a good thing to have on the wall.

Edserv

I agree with most of the posts on this thread.
There are two levels for the BBB:
1) local/regional
2) website/national
We almost purchased the web based BBB package (which, I believe at the time, made it mandatory we joined locally,) just to get the BBB seal on our website, which, again, at the time, was supposed to give us a bump in our online conversion.

Well, we never purchased either, so I'm not sure if it helped or hurt, but I have yet (in two years) have anyone ask us if we're a member. And there are a ton of other credit-building links for your website.

Good luck,
Chris