• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Juice Drops

ChicagoGraphics

Was just wondering If these so called juice drops are any good for making vehicle wrap backgrounds with. And can you blow them up to any size without getting all pixellated.

I am thinking of buying some but not sure if they are just a waste of money. :rolleyes:

threeputt

We are currently using one for a wrap. They are 11"x17" at 300 dpi. That's good enought to blow up vehicle size and end up with 150 dpi. Buy 'em, but wait for the weekly specials.

GK

Unless they are coming @ the resolution you are printing then no, they are going to have some pixelation to an extent. Personally I would try avoiding them like the plague...as I have stated 1000x before. Its a prepackaged design that anyone who buys can use...after someone has used the same design a few times it just devalues everyone else's work who comes up with a solid original design and actually put some thought into it.

Flame

Unless they are coming @ the resolution you are printing then no, they are going to have some pixelation to an extent. Personally I would try avoiding them like the plague...as I have stated 1000x before. Its a prepackaged design that anyone who buys can use...after someone has used the same design a few times it just devalues everyone else's work who comes up with a solid original design and actually put some thought into it.
he

You're crazy. There are thousands upon thousands of these designs, the chances of running into another local guy using the same juice drop..... is pretty well little to none. I don't even KNOW of anyone else in my area using these, much less the EXACT same ones.

And they are very high quality. I've used them in vehicle graphics. Sure, any raster file will have some pixelation, but they're good quality. Plenty well enough for wraps.

ChiknNutz

In addition, they come both flattened TIFF and layered PSD files. So, with the layered PSD files, you can make a gazillion combos with them!

we love juicedrops and I have yet to use one as they are designed and don't know anyone who does so George Kerns statement makes no sense at all, I think someone is commenting just to comment, this is not your typical clipart and the only people that would be able to recognize any of the elements within these collections would be someone in the industry and it would be hard at that. All of the Juicedrops files are created in layers so you can isolate one element and use it in your design, or snag a background and delete everything else and the quantity of layers within each file is amazing, so the variations are limitless. the quality is incredible and for the amount of art you get with each collection you simply can not go wrong. they are a bargain to say the least, but as mentioned prior if you watch their daily deals you can save a great amount of money.

9 times out of 10 we will take a texture from one of the layers and use it as a background or fill, or take a focal point and delete all the other layers.

javila

These files come in at 11 x 17 @ 300 ppi(and the usually have a few inches bleed unseen, translate that to 75 ppi for wraps and you have 44 x 64" before any sampling takes place. More than enough.

All the juice drops I've seen have a minimum of 7 layers(some in the 14 layer area). That's a whole lot of combination before messing with color hues, distorting and combining them.

iSign

I bought a bunch and finally used my first one. I eliminated 3/4 of the layers, then I put a light gold fill over the whole thing & took the transparency down to about 20%... you could never recognize this textural fill... but it added just the extra interest I had in mind, without competing & I liked having that resource to thumb through to help me achieve it.

Attachments

• kaimakani.jpg
    kaimakani.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 284

threeputt

Island makes a good point. And well illustrates his point with the small sign. Juice drops are merely a tool. They are fully editable and some contain 30 layers, I've seen it.

iSign

Hey, Island, is that Saudia Arabia, up there by the "K"?
maybe...

..they were some sort of ambigious celestial orbs before I got to them...

...as far as I knew it could have been the sea of tranquility... but Saudi Arabia?
...that is just as unrecognizable to me as the dark side of the moon, so I'll defer to your good eye :wink:

iSign

that is the deal I got too.. someone here posted it.

The manufacturers own website offeres different deals at different times. Just bookmark it, & check back frequently.

threeputt

Hey Cody, just hang in there and like I said, watch their site. The hardest problem you'll have is deciding which ones to get. Really!