• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Juicedrops

Lasvegassigns

Hey seen someone in another thread talking about these. Does anyone use them? How good are they? How is the resoulotion and what size are they?

ChiknNutz

Look on their website for most of your questions...www.digitaljuice.com. I've been using them for a year or two. Yes, they're good...kinda wish I hadn't let the cat outta the bag as I think they are a gold mine! They are layered Photoshop files and are 11.25" x 17.25" @ 300 dpi - which is good enough for many applications as a background image. They also include flattened RGB and CMYK files of the same images.

RJ California

Agreed -- I have 20 sets. The best thing about them is that they are layered so you can really customize them very easliy.

Shhhh... let's just keep this between us.

Lasvegassigns

Cool Thanks I just took a look at them and they look pretty interesting. DOn't know if I have a real use for most of them, but still some cool stuff on there.

Looks lke they got some good deals on there right now though

ChiknNutz

It's a VERY good deal to get 12 for $250. I have never paid full price, but I routinely spend $79 on a collection when "on sale", and sometimes they include a not-so-good free one - like the flag collection :-(

cdiesel

Wow, 12 for $250 is a screamin deal. We've had them for about two years, and they're great. I'm gonna go buy some more!

lookinc

can we get a recomendation list going what disks people have like and use? Wich ones people have and do not use or recomend for lack usability. I would like to get a set but it is all guess work without some recomendations Thanks in advance!!

resqfiremedic

I agree!! I had never seen them until I saw Chris's post. I did a search, found them and WOW. If you do printing, on vinyl or otherwise... those things are awesome!! Customize them by turning off and on different layers, changing colors and so on. I looked through them all but hmmm which do those that have them use the most?? I want to get the 12 disk special while they last, thats like buy 1 get 11 free!

high impact

We have some as well and they are great!

We've been using them for years now for backgrounds in multimedia presentations in churches and youth groups. I discovered awhile back they work great for publications and vehicle wrap backgrounds. I haven't found much of a use on typical signage yet.

I saw the sale also and I think I am adding 12 to my collection. Chris deserves a commission!!!

Print-Kwik

The JD collection is great! It allows us to setup a postcard/business card/banner/etc. in no time & the customers just love it!

We have over 40 volumes... well worth the money

ChiknNutz

Buddy, you can use MOST of them with Corel/PhotoPaint, but some of the transparency settings will not work as advertised in some volumes.

iSign

thanks for the info.
I looked through them all & picked out these 12:

I saved my "cart" to return later. Anyone who has then see any duds in this list?

I will admit I was a little shocked at $65 freight in the lowest, slowest freight choice. Seems high to me, but the deal is pretty good on the product.

Attachments

• twelve juicedrops.jpg
    twelve juicedrops.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 178

HardbargerSigns

is there anything comparable for use with CorelX3 ? Or are they easily imported ?

Buddy, you can, (if you have Photoshop) create the backgrounds you want, or use existing Juicedrops files, and flatten the file when finished to be saved as a jpeg to import into corel.

Be sure to save a layered file duplicate in your customers folder for future alterations.

ChiknNutz

I have the following ones:

14 - subtleImpact II
16 - ultraCuts
18 - cleanCuts II
21 - businessImpact
22 - boundlessEdge
23 - cleanCuts III
26 - paperCuts
28 - freshForm
32 - templateCuts
36 - naturalCuts
39 - allFlags (freebie)
40 - frameCuts
41 - frescoVita (freebie)
42 - highImpact IV
43 - popLife (freebie)
44 - frameCuts II

WOW, have more than I thought!

cdiesel

Last night I ordered another 24.. That'll put us at about 35 total.

Doug, you're selection should work out great. The ones you picked will be good for wrap backgrounds and such.

Buddy, you can import that flattened RGB and CMYK files directly into corel. Then you can powerclip them into whatever you'd like.

ChiknNutz

Just to be clear on this, Corel PhotoPaint WILL open up native PSD files. The only thing is, some images have the special Photoshop transparency filters applied, which PhotoPaint does not recognize. Still, it will open them all, just realize that the transparency effects may not always work out as advertised. But as has been described, you can always import the flattened RGB or CMYK file in and PowerClip to your heart's content.