• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just today receiving run-time errors in Flexi Cloud

choucove

While trying to open and run Flexi Cloud on any of our computers (at both Colby and Hays locations) we are getting a runtime error message while trying to open Flexi. Sometimes it will completely crash and close Flexi, sometimes they can OK through the errors and still open and work in Flexi. On other computers, Flexi can open but it is almost as if Flexi has reset. One designer said their Flexi Cloud had "expired" and their "last opened" date was back in May, which definitely isn't correct.

What do we need to do here? Both of our offices are basically dead in the water. I have attached an image of the errors that the designers sent me.

IMG953037.jpg

FrankW

It is a worldwide problem, NO FlexiCloud currently works correctly.

Try the following: disconnect the computer from the internet (unplug the cable). Start FlexiCloud. Do anything with Flexi (choose a tool or such). replug the network cable. It will run then.

choucove

It is a worldwide problem, NO FlexiCloud currently works correctly.

Try the following: disconnect the computer from the internet (unplug the cable). Start FlexiCloud. Do anything with Flexi (choose a tool or such). replug the network cable. It will run then.

Haha lovely. Yeah I figured it was something like that, to be taking down Flexi on ALL of our computers. I have a designer trying out the steps you gave me to see if that can get them up and working at least. Thank you for your help!

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
We have been getting calls all morning because of this. So far if you just ingnore the error messages you can still use Flexi. I haven't seen any issues with the actual software itself. I think SAi screwed up their servers over the weekend.

choucove

We have been getting calls all morning because of this. So far if you just ingnore the error messages you can still use Flexi. I haven't seen any issues with the actual software itself. I think SAi screwed up their servers over the weekend.

Unfortunately this is not the case for us. On all of the computers, once the Run-time Error message comes up, it automatically closes Flexi without the opportunity to save or anything. I also had them try the steps that FrankW suggested above but unfortunately they still continued to receive the Run-time Error and Flexi crashes.

signguy54

Not an artist
Unfortunately this is not the case for us. On all of the computers, once the Run-time Error message comes up, it automatically closes Flexi without the opportunity to save or anything. I also had them try the steps that FrankW suggested above but unfortunately they still continued to receive the Run-time Error and Flexi crashes.

This.

:frustrated:

WildWestDesigns

I can't help specifically with Flexi, but I do know that when I have run time errors with my digitizing software that meant that there was a process that was not responding or had been closed out. Typically it happens when Corel had shut down unexpectedly in the background (my program is directly interfaced with DRAW).

This may be a whole different issue, I don't know, but I thought I would mention it.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
It is an issue on SAi's end. They are aware of the issue and are working to fix it but right now their offical response is to disconnect the computer from the internet.

joshGN

Sounds like it has something to do with the windows update over the weekend...Fellers is blowing with calls about it...

choucove

Sounds like it has something to do with the windows update over the weekend...Fellers is blowing with calls about it...

None of our computers installed any Windows updates over the weekend, so that would rule it out as a possibility for us at least.

signguy54

Not an artist
although i'm frustrated

i do appreciate you coming on to at least inform us of what you know, Chris.

I'm also appreciative of Signs101 as a place to go for such information.

now SA get your act together!

CS-SignSupply

I do know SAi was introducing a new Cloud server over the past week or two and maybe that has something to do with it. One of those cases where they thought all was well with the new server, but not quite the case when the old server was demoted. Not sure but I as Chris mentioned, they are working franticly to resolve the problem.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Considerably more complicated for us. Just pulling the network cable means no one can print since we have a dedicated rip computer that runs Production Manager and nothing else. The desktops connect to that over our network. So now I need to determine exactly what servers and IP addresses it is trying to connect to and block those at our firewall. :banghead:

FrankW

The error messages appear a lot of times, but anytime you klick Flexi in the foreground it will work. But as soon as you click the OK-Button on one of the error messages, Flexi closes.

Be careful: this solution works with Flexi, but not with the Production Manager. It could happen that PM stops sending data to output-devices inbetween.

CS-SignSupply

If you can afford to take the computer using Flexi Cloud off the internet, you should be able to continue working within the program without error... until the licensing server issue is resolved. I understand this may not be an option for everyone, but for design and layout work it might get you by for the time being. Outputting work to a network device will more than likely still be affected.