• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just today receiving run-time errors in Flexi Cloud

choucove

I am seeing the same thing as well with our computers. We did have one design computer that never had the errors coming up, but he had left his Flexi up and running all weekend since he was in working on some stuff Saturday, and never closed the application. So far, things are operational.

Doyle

I had no idea......

........that I was paying THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS for BETA SOFTWARE!!!!! This is not the first time that this piece of $&^*% software has failed me and caused my entire shop to come to a screeching halt. I know that SAI reads these forum posts and hope that they read this post.

TO SAI

The software that I use everyday to run my business SHOULD NOT rely on the stability of YOUR SERVERS. Your server issues today are costing all of us users THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS every minute that we cannot access our sign making software! (and calling in to support and getting the message that "the mailbox I am trying to reach is full and cannot receive messages" is not a good sign....)

Please excuse the tone of my post, I am just very disappointed in the stability of this software that is crucial to my business.... it needs to be ROCK SOLID before made prime time IMO.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I would have to agree that NOTHING they might do on their end should ever affect the ability to actually function on OUR end.

choucove

I would have to agree that NOTHING they might do on their end should ever affect the ability to actually function on OUR end.

This is the nature of cloud-connected services and software. The same exact thing could happen with Office 365, Adobe Creative Cloud, etc. A service like this should NOT be designed to rely on a network-central service, such as a constant internet connection, because if that is down your entire business is also down. That being said, I think this is an eye-opener for Flexi, as well as their customers, to what a cloud-connected software truly means. Will future steps be taken by SAi to help ensure nothing they do will cause outages? Sure they will. Will it be a guarantee that it won't happen, or possibly even be worse next time? Not by any means. I'm not saying at all that SAi is garbage and doing something stupid, but everyone should just know that this kind of outage, or even worse, that is beyond your control is going to be a possibility with any cloud service you subscribe to. However, to the software developers, not just SAi but everyone, that your customers need to be able to continue functioning even if you aren't. If you go down, and it forces all of your customers to go down, then you won't keep customers for long.

FrankW

A service like this should NOT be designed to rely on a network-central service, such as a constant internet connection ...

It doesn't. FlexiCloud will work offline. You can even activate the software offline (with an activation file created online on a separate computer).

The problem today was that it won't work online. If the computer with FlexiCloud was connected to the internet the crashes happened, but if you was able to set your Flexi Computer offline it have mostly worked. The problem is that this is not an option for example for people wo uses network devices.

The sad thing is that the current cloud functionality is very poor, nearly or completely useless at this time. It's not worth to take the risk of a complete breakdown for several hours. Today, I've got a LFP-Newsletter where SAi announces the presentation of powerful webtools at the european FESPA Show in London, but I have no idea what they show.

S11930

why must we read this in signs 101

why dosent flexi in front of this and post any information on there web site. a good reputable company sees that its customers are informed and satisfied. Keeping your customers in the loop prevents alot of stess on others

VIP

This Cloud service wannabe's gotta end.

To block the access to the pointless sai cloud completely, add this to your hosts file (%windir%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts):
127.0.0.1 fxweb.herokuapp.com

Make sure you run the text editor (notepad etc.) as administrator.

It also prevents your RIPs being automatically sent to sai cloud without any notice or ways to turn it off.