• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just venting...

GoodPeopleFlags

I sent this layout to a customer today. The only info she gave was blue background, white text, with the wording. Here is what I sent:

Attachments

• kkhomes.jpg
    kkhomes.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 48

GoodPeopleFlags

Here is the email I got:

"Hey great...I like the layout. {KKH} is a group home for mentally challenged. Can we make font more regal and less kidlike? I dont wanna talk down to clients. {KK} is my sister with Downs Syndrome. Wanna show respect.

Can we deepen the blue a little too?"

Kidlike? Not showing respect? :banghead:

J

john1

LOL if you had sent comic sans now i see that being kidlike but the font you sent looks professional to me.

Maybe shes dyslexic and wants comic sans lol

Hell give her proofs with:

comic sans
brush script
papyrus
imapact

I bet she will like one of those!

"omg it's so wonderful, i love the shade of blue with the brush script. It's tease'm Tuesday and that color just makes my day brighter"

GoodPeopleFlags

So, here's my reply:

"Sorry about the font. I certainly didn't mean any disrespect. I thought the font was professional looking but it's the way you feel about it that matters. If you could find a font that you feel would be appropriate and let me know what it is, that would help me out a lot. Since I don't see that the one I sent is kid-like, it would be hard for me to choose one that you would think is regal."

And she said:

"Oh gosh you had no idea..no worries. It is a matter of artisitic interpretation and you had no disrepect in mind..I am at a loss as to what fonts you have...a signature font perhaps?"

Can someone give me some suggestions for a "signature font", please?
:frustrated:

Twisted Images

I get that all the time, but thats when additional art fess kick in.
change the blue to a lighter shade and make the font arial balck in yellow or orange. Then tell her the color combination is better suited for the color psychology. haha

Locals Find!

I know I am going to get flamed over this but, I am having a bad day. So, I really don't care.

Send this to her and see if she doesn't like it.

Attachments

• katherinekay.jpg
    katherinekay.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 47

GoodPeopleFlags

I know, right?! Thanks for reminding me I'm not alone! She runs an urgent care center. She's a dr. I wonder if she would like my interpretation of her job?

Hey signmeup - could you do me a favor and edit your post so the name isn't spelled out? I'd hate for someone to stumble across this looking for that place! Thanks! :smile:

SignManiac

You are free to use my design here and modify it with the correct wording. I feel this really does express a subtle mental instability, and will make her very happy.

Also the blue I used is actually called "soothing blue"

Attachments

• Revend carter.jpg
    Revend carter.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 60

GoodPeopleFlags

I thought that if someone typed in that biz name in a search engine, this thread could pop up. If not, then nevermind! I don't know if I heard that, read it, or dreamed it!
:tongue:

signmeup

You are free to use my design here and modify it with the correct wording. I feel this really does express a subtle mental instability, and will make her very happy.

Also the blue I used is actually called "soothing blue"
Put the name on an arc and I think we have a winner!

Mike F

I thought that if someone typed in that biz name in a search engine, this thread could pop up. If not, then nevermind! I don't know if I heard that, read it, or dreamed it!
:tongue:

No, you're right. Unless this was in a forum that's not open to the public, it would be included in the search results. It would probably be pretty high too since this is a fairly popular site and I'm guessing there aren't a lot of pages out there that reference that place.

Semi-ontopic, I think I actually found this forum searching for info on my Roland.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
On an arc.... each letter is already arched.

I likey. Can you send me the vector format for Illy 3 ??