• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just venting...

Ponto

You are free to use my design here and modify it with the correct wording. I feel this really does express a subtle mental instability, and will make her very happy.

Also the blue I used is actually called "soothing blue"

... I just barfed a little.......:clapping:

JP

gabagoo

Oh I see she is a doctor..... I hope you made her sit in the waiting room well past her appointment!!!! Just use Times New Roman....

Patentagosse

If she called you based on your ad, I bet she was in love with your logo... which is really not "kidlike" in my book (...)

I like it when clients told me what to do and how to organize my layouts, even more when they are not into any artistic daily jobs (like mechanics, janitors... you get the idea).

Sometimes, I just feel the need to take the lead and offer to shop somewhere else, perhaps they could find a shop where they do exactly what customer is asking for, even mispelling, bad layout colors, inappropriate readability or unconnected script fonts. A real stress reliever...

acothran

I know everyone is calling for Papyrus but I really think Trajan Pro would work better...and maybe put the "LLC" in Curlz MT just to make sure it doesn't get too kid-like.

Allen

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Hehe,
doctors and script.

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• doctors_strike.jpg
    doctors_strike.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 76

Farmboy

Can we start placing bets on how many changes she'll ask for? I say at least 2 more to get the shade of blue she likes. Although I'm sure she has her monitor set to show colors differently so it doesn't disturb the patients.

Jillbeans

What exactly was so offensive about what you sent?
Sounds like someone needs to get over herself.
I hate today's society sometimes. I mean, I don't like mean bad words and terms for the mentally ill. My late sister was mentally ill, and she was probably the most intelligent, down-to-earth person I ever knew.
But there was nothing insulting or threatening about what you did.
Give her some Papyrus with LLC even bigger than the damn name. Or if she wants a "signature font" try Bradley Hand.
Love....Jill

genericname

Am I the only one that feels both of you were just walking on glass, trying not to offend the other? Her obscure wording led you to be overly sensitive. She corrected with an apology of her own, and when followed by a reasonable demand that would take you all of five seconds to implement, everyone jumps on the "let's lynch the client" bandwagon.

Locals Find!

Am I the only one that feels both of you were just walking on glass, trying not to offend the other? Her obscure wording led you to be overly sensitive. She corrected with an apology of her own, and when followed by a reasonable demand that would take you all of five seconds to implement, everyone jumps on the "let's lynch the client" bandwagon.

Your not alone. This just shows how many people actually listened to what the client was asking for.

genericname

Your not alone. This just shows how many people actually listened to what the client was asking for.

No kidding. I think we could all use a little rum and egg-nog to take the edge off of the season. Either we're letting it get to us, or we need new handouts of that butt-hurt form that Fred has.

Border

[FONT=&quot]Use Snapper Script for the KK, Times New Roman for the rest. Darken the blue a little. She will think you are a rock star!
[/FONT]

edit: poor kerning included free of charge!

Attachments

• s101.jpg
    s101.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 55

ddarlak

Go Bills!

no, this chick is obviously wacked and deserves all the attention she is receiving....

SignManiac

I'm sorry but there is nothing more insulting to me as a designer with over thirty years in the business, than having a total stranger with no background in design, second guessing my years of knowledge and experience. Especially when their background is in another industry.

I'm working on an expensive carved sign for a client right now, who after I explained quite clearly, why what they wanted violated very known design principles, and after their weekend family discussion, insisted I do it wrong as they requested. So, I will accommodate their request, which I do very rarely.

I would have turned down their project if I had not already put the deposit check in the bank. Needless to say, their sign does not meet my criteria to make it on to my website portfolio. I hate kissing peoples azzes and I'm getting tire of being sensitive to everyone's needs. Screw feelings, people need to grow up already. Oh, I'm sorry. I need a time out.

LSSigns

No offense signmaniac, but SHE is the client. Give her what she wants (as she is the client, paying for it) and move on to another job.