• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just wondering..........................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Okay, here's the thing.

Our shop has held two Nor'easter Mixers. 2009 and 2011. No one seems to want to take the baton for the next one, although it's been discussed many times.

I've had quite a few people ask me if we would consider having another one. My reply was usually the same as to why would someone wanna come back to the same place a third time ?? Always it's about the fun and just getting away. It's getting late in the season to plan one this year anymore, but would anyone be interested in just having a big get-together of some sorts ?? I'm not going to plan field trips and social activities, but we could probably do it again if no one else wants to. If we set this in motion now, maybe this could come about for next year and someone else would use their shop, especially with this much notice. I'd like to see this keep going on as an annual affair. Otherwise, we could start planning for one here and just have fun hanging out, doing some artsy things and trading skills and ideas and just having a great weekend.

Any ideas or suggestions/comments ?? :smile:

petepaz

i am up for another one as long as it's with in a two state radius from jersey. just so i can stay in driving range.
i could probably use our place in Garfield but there isn't much real close for accommodations. i could check this out further if there is an interest.
as far as food and booze there are plenty of good places to eat and drink. the other issue is my house is an hour and 10 min from the shop
(i would need to get a hotel room to hang out with everyone. not such a bad idea..haha)

Typestries

We've been through a ton of ****e in the past 9 months here from the Hurricane. My staff, family and community were all affected. BUT, we are forging ahead with business and life. I have not been on here much, and this is pretty much why.

A few years ago I committed to do a mixer and bagged on it. I simply could not get the interest in coming, and basically Gino was the only one offering up some help. I'm in a different spot time management wise now, so I have some more ability to plan and pull this off.

We're near the beach. We've got tons of great "toys" (machines) and we have lots of great stuff other than signs to do here. Kayaking, fishing, SUP paddling, beach time, etc. Lots of lodging options, but they are not cheap - min seems to be 175/night. Camping/rv's we could handle. There are also some nice campgrounds nearby.

Fall is a beautiful time here. Warm temps, warm water, great fishing, and generally the BEST time to be in the Long Beach Island region.

Given all we have been through as a community, a group of sign professionals descending upon us would be great to see. It would be amazing to do a tie-in fundraiser for a local group or org affected by sandy - a few sign projects, mural, wrap, so on. A lot of people here still really need help. We have given away more signs in 9 months than in 9 years. Things are tough here for many small businesses.

Put your thinking caps on. Be in touch.