• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV-33 CLONE machine with yellow issues

Dagga

Hi guys,
My first post, so here we go.
I bought a clone machine of the jv-33 with genuine dx5 heads. Have always had issues with the yellow. Am using DIT inks (local 3rd party supplier in Melbourne) who have done their best in helping me out, but to no avail thus far. I have had to change the head twice. Yellow was totally flushed and worked well for three weeks, and tonight, just dropped out. Nozzle test shows all the other colours fine except yellow. I try and suck through the ink. It starts off well, them 20cm in it goes again. I emphasise this only happens with the yellow. We have changed the head, the dampers, the boards, flushed the bulk ink cartridges, changed the lines.
My question is whether or not anyone has had these issues with this ink(if they have used them at all) and whether i should just try a different yellow. Am considering jetbest. Your advice/thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance

CanuckSigns

Welcome to signs 101!

I would say it's worth a shot, you have nothing to lose at this point, however if it was the ink I would think it would be happening with other colours as well, sounds like more of a mechanical issue to me.

Kev41

May be swap the bulk ink cart and see if the problem transfers to the colour its swapped to, Refillable carts do develop problems

Kev

Robert M

inks

All this points to the inks. When you pull the head and try to flush with a syringe are the yellow channels clogged. Try pulling the manifold off and back flushing the yellow channels. If you get globs of yellow coming out the nipple it is an ink issue. Can you get Bordeaux inks in your area, they work well in those heads.

petesign

Funny, my JV33 just had a serious problem with one yellow channel on the head, it was completely blocked. It's taken 2 weeks to get most of it back, we were running 20/20 inks, have since switched back to oem.

FatCat

Have been running JetBest inks in both our 1204 and 1604 with DX5 heads. No clog issues to date and the 1204 has been running JetBest for over 2 years. If you need more info on them please shoot me a message.

artbot

if you are having an issue like that, just take the yellow damper and place it on a functioning channel. this will isolate the starvation to the ink supply or below the damper. there's really no reason to change a head unless it's been isolated as the issue.