• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3 160 SPII Quality issues

bmw_ante

Hello !

Im quite new at this forum and my english is not so wery good so please have understanding ;)

Sometimes we get banding (White or black lines in the print) and this is usually solved with media comp during print, But we always get another "banding", Sometimes more frequent (Sometimes every 8:th pass and sometimes more often)

We recently had problems with the cyan head and we changed it and i did all the adjusting after that, But green,blue and other dark colors get theese strange lines in the print

The lines are in the print direction and not in the feed direction

attachment.php

attachment.php

it can be quite hard to see on these pictures,

If i print small images i dont see this at all, The larger the pictures the bigger the lighter lines is...

What can this be ? it is so consistant

Can the black printhead cause this? i have done nozzle check and all other colors are perfect but the lines in the test for the black is not 100%, All lines is there but at least 1 or 2 nossles are not firering straight..you can see that on this feed test

attachment.php

Pleease try to help me, i am quite new in this company where the machine is standing and they wanted me to take a look at it becous it has been this bad printing quality for a long time

Attachments

• 5d14200982829b88a.jpg
    5d14200982829b88a.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 152
  • 4a14200982915db1a.jpg
    4a14200982915db1a.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 132
  • 7f142009834393fdc.jpg
    7f142009834393fdc.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 123
Last edited by a moderator:

WB

It's the printer.. I get the same patterns in reds and blues and some other colours..

it's almost like the head isn't putting out enough ink..

you can reduce the effect by increasing your passes.. Looks like your running a 3 pass.. I run mine at 360x540 6 pass.

gabagoo

It's the printer.. I get the same patterns in reds and blues and some other colours..

you can reduce the effect by increasing your passes.. Looks like your running a 3 pass.. I run mine at 360x540 6 pass.

yup my greens and blues also have banding and 8 pass helps but the best way to deal with it is to lower the heads if you need the print to be really clean. 720 x 720 8 pass. I thought I had damaged my cyan head accidentally but maybe it's a known issue. I might add that for the longest time when I do a test print I am missing 2 bars in the cyan head. It has been like this for over 2 years. I sometimes wonder if the machine came this way as I was to green (no pun intended) to know any different.

bmw_ante

The printer is printing 720x720 8pass bidirectional

If i change it to only print one way then the colors are totally off but the problem is not quite as apparent...

WB

The printer is printing 720x720 8pass bidirectional

If i change it to only print one way then the colors are totally off but the problem is not quite as apparent...

It's funny that the colours are off on Uni-directional, Most of the time if you run Bi-Dir. you get different colors depending on which way the head is passing. This is the reason I run Uni-directional

jmcnicoll

I have the same issues also, but it really depends on the media and humidity levels too. I can never get rid of the saturation banding on 3m 180C-10, but have very little to no problems with Oracal 3951 RA. I print only Uni on the JV3.

jim

ColesCreations

Tjena.

Try with "no color correction".

This should narrow it down to printer or software.

Ours sometimes do this, but never with "no color correction"

And I was going to say, it does not matter whether it is in 2-pass or 16-pass, it still gets the same bands. It's as if every 3-4 passes gets less ink. So. It's not starvation, then it would not come back to printing fine for a few passes...

(Flexisign)

I think. Or maybe I'm wrong...

bmw_ante

Tjena.

Try with "no color correction".

This should narrow it down to printer or software.

Ours sometimes do this, but never with "no color correction"

And I was going to say, it does not matter whether it is in 2-pass or 16-pass, it still gets the same bands. It's as if every 3-4 passes gets less ink. So. It's not starvation, then it would not come back to printing fine for a few passes...

(Flexisign)

I think. Or maybe I'm wrong...

I run Posterprint 12 and i can not fint enyting like color correction?

I have read about turning this off so i have serched trough the posterprint but i cant find enything like this

mimakitech24

did you tri printing on uni directional? that looks like reversed banding from bi directional printing to me...

the colors are totally off, but they are correct...

gabagoo

from looking at your test print for media compensation the grey colour looks awful and I would suspect that your heads need a serious nozzle wash or a series of them. Because you are new to this unit was their any maintenance done on it previously?

mimakitech24

yeah i didn't look at the media comp pic...you def need to do a head wash and if that doesn't take care of it your heads are going to need replaced i would suspect...is this a used machine??

bmw_ante

We are having the biggest problems mostly on green and blue prints the streaking is noticable in almost all colors but you have to look really close up to the print

i Have asked befor but can the Bad black head du this to my green and yellow prints? When i print something black it does not appear to be as bad as the darker green and blue

Yes is it a used machine

And when i was printing one ´logo with a lot of green and blue (darker colors) i tried to do one uni directional print and the colors became way way to dark but the streaking was almost not visible then

Maintanence what can i say, One pump is changed a few months ago,
Cyan printhead 1 month old
Dampers = OLD
it does a clean every 4:th hour
every now and then we manually cleans the heads and the areas around

bmw_ante

Can some one of you printing with a JV3 that is USED post a reference picture of the media comp you have written out?
I told the boss this could be the problem (Black printhead) but he just says that all of their JV3`s have done the same thing when printing this test, But that the print have been OK,

bmw_ante

One more thing , When we print on thicker banners and T-Shirt print material there is NO visible streaking :O
The print on theese materials are perfect

gabagoo

run a trst print and see if all the heads are firing. The test print option is right on the printers console

mimakitech24

just gonna lay it out there right now that the jv-3 were never spectacular with solid colors, but you need to run uni in order to get rid of the problem...you answered it yourself when you responded to me...the problem went away but the color was darker...yeah, because if the lights bands are gonna then the overall build is different and will appear solid, and in reality, will be the correct color...

i mean it is all dependent on the end product, if it is being viewed up close...you want to run at a slower speed...(uni)...if it is going up on a billboard that slight banding may not matter...

bmw_ante

just gonna lay it out there right now that the jv-3 were never spectacular with solid colors, but you need to run uni in order to get rid of the problem...you answered it yourself when you responded to me...the problem went away but the color was darker...yeah, because if the lights bands are gonna then the overall build is different and will appear solid, and in reality, will be the correct color...

i mean it is all dependent on the end product, if it is being viewed up close...you want to run at a slower speed...(uni)...if it is going up on a billboard that slight banding may not matter...

No you missunderstod me, The color i printed with bi was light green, when i printed it in uni it was really dark green and i know that it was not the correct color for this logo !

Take a look again on my pictures in the top of the tread , i DONT have bands after every pass, Just after about 4-6 passes there comes one pass that is lighter than the others