Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JV3 160s gray coming though with magenta stripes?

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by Knep, May 15, 2019 at 1:07 PM.

1. Knep

Knep Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Indidna
    its just not printing clear gray...photo explains. I have done head cleaning and nozzel check, it all looks good. Using Flexi 8.1 pro to print and rip...[​IMG]

Tags:
  2. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    what's your nozzle test look like?
    could be ink starvation or encoder strip/sensor issues buuuuuut those head strikes would lead me to believe that your material is tunneling through the printer in those areas, and the ink is not being fired straight-down as designed.

3. Joe House

Joe House Active Member

Feb 5, 2004
    WA
    I don't know Mimakis, but it looks like your vinyl is tunneling in the print zone. A couple of places are high enough to get head strikes. This is throwing off your bi-directional and horizontal calibrations so ink isn't going where it needs to. Try decreasing print temps if you can.

Good luck

4. Knep

Knep Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Indidna
    The head strikes were caused by me messing with looking at the first print. The vinyl is not tunneling at all while printing, its laying in there smooth. the nozzle check is perfect..