• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3-160SP 4 color 2 head possible?

classicgameswi

I have a new to me JV3 160-SP with two bad channels on the board (only the left half of the cyan and yellow print) and two partially clogged heads.

The shop I bought the machine from sent the boards into MacMedia and that did not solve the problem. (Not blaming them, previous owner may have re-damaged the board)
I checked over the board and found a bad transistor, but i dont hold out too much hope that a new one will fix it, as it is the only one that was replaced when the board was replaced. So I am wondering if there is any way I can get it running in the mean time.

Could I set up the machine with CMYK running on two heads?

The cyan and yellow channels are the ones with bad channels.

I was thinking if i set the machine up as CMYKlclm i may be able to do this.

Anyone try it?

Also, does anyone have experience running SAM ink?

Thanks!

artbot

in Rasterlink, if you have the printer set up CMYKlmlc** you can use a CMYK only file and the printer will eliminate using the lm lc channel. you'll need heads there to shake hands with the firmware. they can be clogged but not error07.

classicgameswi

I repaired the board today, there was a bad transistor and a surface mount resistor. Replaced those and all heads are firing.

Next up, get some undiluted ink in it, and work on the few missing nozzles... (bought it with triangle bulk system, but P.O. started filling the tanks with flush as the ink ran out to keep running cleaning cycles)

Artbot: what inks have you tried and what were the results?

Anyone have anything good or bad to say about SAM ink? What I have read about their inks seems like it may be a good choice, and the price seems reasonable...

I used to run triangle on a roland in a past life with mixed results, and my supplier no longer carries triangle due to issues they have had in the past.

Finally, where can I get replacement filters for the triangle bulk system?